Cleaning brass with SS media

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried BB's those clean the outside but become rusted.
you tumble in water with citric acid and soap.
The pins have small squared off ends that get in the nooks and cranies.. and can pass through primer holes.
I suppose very small beads will do the same but the weight of the bead will be much less than a pin and may take longer.

I have used glass beads. Very small, in fact when running your hand through the 50 lb bag of them it felt like silky sand.. they made the cases very silky also.
I used those in a dry vibratory.. but they still did not clean as well as pins even after 8 hours in the vibratory.

I normally tumble with pins in water for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours and they are done.
Great reply. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
:thumb:

tkdgeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found those same gold separators a while back. Bottom one seems to like hiding pins in between the plastic and the mesh. Grr.
They also just fit my stainless steel mixing bowl I typically rinse in after tumbling.
My only complaint is that certain cases (223 for example) they really like to get stuck in bad! Ha.
Was going to quit using the bottom one and just let the pins fall through into the bucket for my big magnet to grab when I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom