Cleaning coins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Well, maybe I should just take them to a coin dealer and get their read on them. I told the owner's rep I was not doing anything at all to them until I did some checking. This is why. Thanks, folks!
That is the best idea but if you just feel you have to clean them (don't!) try the ultrasonic cleaner with just a little Dawn and white vinegar in water.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Well, maybe I should just take them to a coin dealer and get their read on them. I told the owner's rep I was not doing anything at all to them until I did some checking. This is why. Thanks, folks!

Do a little research on your own before going to a dealer, many are reputable, however some are not. If you are tasked with selling them it may help you to get more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I ain't touching 'em! We've got (or had) two dealers in Enid, both with good ratings. I think I'll try to find time tomorrow to run by both places and chat with them a little bit.
I have lots of silver dollars and other coins. If your coin guys don't try to take you to the cleaners, I might bring some over to see what the value is once silver prices get back up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom