Cleaning media question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure if you use petstore corncob that it's either much smaller or much bigger than your necks...digging that stuff out really sucks...ask me how I know...

I quit with the corncob because it got in my primer pockets and I had to dig about 50% of them out with a tooth pick. I use the lizard litter now. It is like crushed walnut sand and works really well with the nufinish.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For getting rid of the dust in your tumbler instead of a used dryer sheet try putting a squirt or two of mineral spirits into it. Last time I used baby oil. My wife thinks I am nuts but it worked.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/2MVR5

No account needed if you pay cash.

Is the Walmart stuff located in the pet section? How much per pound? Is it really dusty?
Thanks!

yeah its in the pet section, I think its like a 5lb bag for $3, its kinda dusty but damp paper towels or damp dryer sheets take care of most of the dust in the few few batches.

But make sure u add the polish and let it run for 10 or 15 mins before adding the brass, thats the only way I was able to keep the stuff from turning to concrete in the cases.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit with the corncob because it got in my primer pockets and I had to dig about 50% of them out with a tooth pick. I use the lizard litter now. It is like crushed walnut sand and works really well with the nufinish.

I've been using half and half Frankford Arsenal walnut and corncob that I got off of Midway. The grains are all nice and small and it's not too dusty.

Might have to look for lizard litter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom