Cleaning media question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
LOL!! Like I said, I bought my own unscented ones so I don't have to share her scented ones. Brass that smells like "fresh spring rain" just won't cut it!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You guys are funny!! LOL
Do you really care about what the brass smells like? I have never entertained that thought before. LOL

If it wasn't strong, no I wouldn't care. LOL! But believe me, after running in the tumbler for several hours, the media smells like it, the brass smells like it, and your hands smell like it after sorting the brass. If you don't believe me, grab a scented dryer sheet, put it up to your nose, and take a big whiff. I coughed less on my first cigarette!

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it wasn't strong, no I wouldn't care. LOL! But believe me, after running in the tumbler for several hours, the media smells like it, the brass smells like it, and your hands smell like it after sorting the brass. If you don't believe me, grab a scented dryer sheet, put it up to your nose, and take a big whiff. I coughed less on my first cigarette!

I usually sort my brass before tumbling. I guess that's why I've never experienced that issue.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yep others are right. Use the dryer sheets first in the dryer then use them in your tumbler.
I remember using "new" dryer sheets in my tumbler. It seemed to leave a residue on the brass. The longer I ran it the dirtier the brass got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom