Clearent. Gun friendly credit card processing for FFLs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Shooters,
Some of you guys know that we lost our ability to charge customer's credit cards when or old CC processing company updated their policies to exclude firearms and accessories, then our website provider did the same. Due to the fact that most of the firearms we sell are made to order, require 2-4 weeks to complete and are >$1k each, most processors we contacted were unwilling to work with us, but we finally came across Ms. Kania over at Clearent, who worked with us get this going. Just 2 emails and a 5 minute phone call and we were GTG! Gun-friendly, low cost, works with GunBroker, websites and in-house transactions... Couldn't be happier, and we look to have the website back up and running with a bunch of new weapon systems (and a few toys lol) soon.

Just wanted to post her info in case any of you guys ever end up in the same crappy boat!

Cathy Kania
Sr. National Account Executive
561-899-1662
[email protected]

God Bless,
Mike

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Shooters,
Some of you guys know that we lost our ability to charge customer's credit cards when or old CC processing company updated their policies to exclude firearms and accessories, then our website provider did the same. Due to the fact that most of the firearms we sell are made to order, require 2-4 weeks to complete and are >$1k each, most processors we contacted were unwilling to work with us, but we finally came across Ms. Kania over at Clearent, who worked with us get this going. Just 2 emails and a 5 minute phone call and we were GTG! Gun-friendly, low cost, works with GunBroker, websites and in-house transactions... Couldn't be happier, and we look to have the website back up and running with a bunch of new weapon systems (and a few toys lol) soon.

Just wanted to post her info in case any of you guys ever end up in the same crappy boat!

Cathy Kania
561-899-1662
[email protected]

God Bless,
Mike
Appreciate the tip. This has always been an issue with many of these folks!

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Shooters,

Cathy Kania
561-899-1662
[email protected]

God Bless,
Mike
What are their rates?

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are their rates?
Lol, still not 100% on that one Doc, but it's a $15 set up fee, $10 per month and then (I think)either a $0.10 or 0.50% fee per transaction. To err on the side of my wallet, I'd assume both, putting it at $5.10 out of a $1,000 transaction. But considering the fact that we've lost potential customers solely based on the fact that they couldn't use plastic, I'll take it!

Last edited:

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are their rates?

Ok, so... We had a customer in the chamber awaiting our CC ability, and once our initial test transaction landed in the bank on Saturday, we gave him a call back and ran his card for $1,375. Some time last night, $1,374.09 hit the account, which I believe is their $0.10 fee plus a charge from Visa.
We (unknowingly) had the account set up to pay out 2 days after the transaction, and have opted, at a greater cost to myself(.03% or $.30 per $100) to bump that up to Next Day and pass that saved day along to the customer.

So far so good, I'll let you guys know what the bill looks like at the end of the month, but I don't think it's going to be anything shocking.

Take Care,

Mike

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for local service with much the same stance on processing, feel free to PM me. I have been in card processing since 95, you will have no issues with my processors - definitely gun friendly. Strong rates, too.

Happy to help anyone from OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom