CLEET Training. How Tough Is It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no appreciable bullet drop at 25 yards unless your shooting a cheap BB gun.Shooter error,jerking,anticipating,etc.

My point exactly.

In my CCW class many years ago, we had a guy that was having problems hitting the target at 3yds, and had total misses at 7.
He was shutting his eyes every time he shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no appreciable bullet drop at 25 yards unless your shooting a cheap BB gun.Shooter error,jerking,anticipating,etc.

Well I can show you some bullet RISE at 25.

My M&P 9Pro is deadnuts at 7 and very, very very close at 50! Everything in between those I gotta pay attention because they hit high. But that big 8 ring would be a non issue.

Oh and that's with my gamer loads. 147gr J&K right at 130PF. So a full power 124 or 115 might be a completely different animal. I need to test that one day.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I can show you some bullet RISE at 25.

My M&P 9Pro is deadnuts at 7 and very, very very close at 50! Everything in between those I gotta pay attention because they hit high. But that big 8 ring would be a non issue.

Oh and that's with my gamer loads. 147gr J&K right at 130PF. So a full power 124 or 115 might be a completely different animal. I need to test that one day.

My statement stands,I've never shot any weapon that had a rise or drop that would be significant shooting at a B24 8 ring,which is about the size of a large salad plate,at 25 yards.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My statement stands,I've never shot any weapon that had a rise or drop that would be significant shooting at a B24 8 ring,which is about the size of a large salad plate,at 25 yards.

I hear you. And I also agree with you for almost all cases.

I just found this out with my competition gun about a month ago. I wanted to find out why I kept missing steel at USPSA matches. I'm fairly good at calling my shots and couldn't figure this out. So I went to the range and had a real awakening. I know my load flies about like a rainbow but when I saw the extent of the difference from 7 out to 25, wow! I've been hitting steel much better ever since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom