Cleet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingelboy1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am a student at Rogers State University and am getting a degree in Justice administration and we have to go through what is called CLEET. Has anyone ever done this? i read on their website and saw to have a service size auto loading pistol, extra parts or a spare gun and a 18-20 inch barrel 12 gauge pump shotgun. i have a xdm40 and am working on a glock 22 instead of spare parts (just because i want both! lol) and a 18 inch 870 with sum cool goodies on it but im not sure how many bullets and shot gun shells to bring? anyone have any idea? i read the material i could find and it didn't say how many rounds to bring to do the course. i assume there is practice shooting and i know there is a shooting test. Does anyone know the positions of the shooting we have to do also? thanks for your time!

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice to see someone new getting into the business, sounds like you have some enthusiam about it, do your best to hang on to it! You'll shoot standing and kneeling positions and various drills through 800-1000 rounds but right now, don't sweat it. The best thing that you can do to help yourself is to not go into that block of instruction thinking that you know anything, be a blank slate and listen. The instructors during that week will get you through it. Have fun!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless they have changed the rules, you have to be an employee of a Police agency to go through CLEET. I've never heard of anyone going through it while taking college classes. When I went through CLEET, we had to qualify on both Pistol and Shotgun. We shot practice rounds with the shotgun with bird shot. For the actual qualification course, we shot 00 buckshot and slugs. We had to qualify from standing, kneeling and barricade positions.

For the pistol we started at the 50 yard line and moved forward with each stage till we got to the 3 yard line, utilizing standing and kneeling positions as well as barricades. Malfunction drills were also practiced. When I went through it, the course was 50 rounds per qualification course. It has since changed to 25 rounds and 25 yards. I don't have an exact round count, but we shot at least a thousand rounds through the pistol. I had a brand new Glock 21 at the time and it was well broken in by the time we got through.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roger State has the Police Corp.....When you graduate, you will be CLEET certified...the agency you go to work for, I believe you have to be there at least 4 years......We have two officers that went that route.....one just left my department for Tulsa PD.

Hoorayebay

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Going through a reserve academy now. Be prepared for boredom beyond belief. The only fun parts are firearms (of course) and custody/control. Good Luck to you!

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you are in the Collegiate Officer Program I haven't been to RSU in a long time but they used to have a nice indoor range there and some nice guns I have shot a bunch of lead down range in that place.

RangerRandP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you are in the Collegiate Officer Program I haven't been to RSU in a long time but they used to have a nice indoor range there and some nice guns I have shot a bunch of lead down range in that place.

It is, or was when I was there 5 years ago. As far as the pistol range when I was there it was a dead range. Through a 2 year degree that I was there I never saw a pistol fired in that building. In fact I was only in that building one time.

To the OP I do not remember the exact number of rounds, but it was well over 500 pistol rounds and around 100 12 gauge shells, both buck and slug. If you cannot find the numbers don't be afraid to ask. You don't want to be caught without ammo on the range. And as far as shooting positions when I took the Firearms I had to go through OSU-OKC and it was basically drilling for the standard CLEET course of fire. It should be on CLEET's website. Good luck and enjoy it.

Just out of curiosity is Clayton still the head over that program?

pingelboy1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep Dr. Clayton is still doing here thing here. she does a bunch of the courses like crim pro crim law 1 and 2 community relations etc. shes teaching cleet 1 and a newer teacher named Frye is teaching cleet 2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom