Cleveland county sheriff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am gonna take my form 1 to Norman to get my prints taken and have the sheriff sign it. Anyone here have any experience with down there? How long can I expect it to take to get a call back that it's signed?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It took them 3 days to call me back on mine.
They sent me back and forth on buildings 3 or 4 times before they knew where I was supposed to go to. I ended up leaving it at the building just north of the courthouse, and when I picked it back up, I had to retreive it from the courthouse.
They really need to get their system straight down there.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't do prints every day. Call and get the days and times to get your fingerprints done. I believe it's on tuesdays and wednesdays. They have morning times and afternoon times.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went down there friday and they said that they only do it on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I also asked about getting the Sheriff's sig on my form 1 and they seemed to know what to do. They said that I was to leave it with them after I get my prints done and that they would call me when he signed it.

Another question: Is there a website that I can look at that will tell me the status of my form 1 after it is sent in, or do I just call some one?

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine processed in Cleveland Co. Call the non-emergency number:(405) 321-8600 before you go - just to make sure you don't go on the wrong day. You make an appointment for fingerprinting, funds and paperwork drop-off. Then you wait for a call to come pick it up. When I applied for mine the prints needed a re-do. Of course this was later in he calendar year (Thanksgiving - Christmas - New Year) and took nearly 3.5-4 mo total. But the permit is valid from issuance - not application. And no, there is no web page to follow the progress of the application.

Finding parking can be a b*^$%! Bring quarters - you may be lucky to find a metered spot just outside the office. Or go 1-2 blocks South and park in the "free" lot.

HTH.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if it would help you guys, but when I deal with the Lawton PD, I always have a prestamped, preaddressed envelope with my paperwork so that they can send it to me. Don't know if it speeds the process up, but it might.

Dave

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. They told me that they don't do appointments anymore...just show up on Wednesday or Thursday (specific hours) and its first come first served. I plan on being there before 8:30 when they open the door. I'll let know how it goes.

JKClay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, here's an update. I got finger printed this morning. They are very nice and easy to deal with down there. I left my paperwork with them for the Sheriff to sign...she said it would about 2 weeks! So I will wait...I guess I better get used to it. She looked my stuff over and said it all looked great and there shouldn't be any hang ups with them or the ATF. I'll let ya know when I get it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom