Cleveland Indians wimped out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole "Native American" team name thing is utterly ridiculous IMO. Maybe the Buccaneers should change their name to avoid offending pirates everywhere.

On a more/less related (or not?) note...

I was searching for "help wanted" yard signs this morning on Amazon, and a !#$%^&* BLM sign showed up on the first page of results.

Color me "not impressed" ...
106175-49d784bef6807223563e66ec189df5d0.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be my favorite MLB team. Saw them in their home stadium twice. That was back when I followed sports.
It doesn’t happen anymore. Including the olympics.
Sports are dead to me now.
I want to see the victory of the win and the agony of the defeat, not their political stance and disrespectful performances that diminish their performance.
One of my most favorite things was the entry of nations and the opening ceremonies with all the neat innovations.
Refused to watch it this year because the Olympic committee won’t restrict politics in the games.
I totally understand that the games have been used by nations politically over the years and I haven’t forgotten anything, but it needs to stop as it’s taking away from from the intent of a sporting event.
The Olympic committee needs to say if you go political, your banned for life as well as your entire National team.
Ruin a few careers and the rest will fall in line.
How good would it be to see some pure sports?
The NFL, NBA, MLB and others are too stupid to see their social justice issues are killing them.
Oh well, who cares.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t for the life of me get my underwear in a twist over the name of a sports team. Especially, a name that’s dated and doesn’t fit with the time we live in.

I’m also not losing any sleep over someone’s expression of free speech because I may not agree with them on the issue they are speaking out about.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being of Indian descent, I felt disregarded, ignored, and viewed as a second class person. My heritage is proud, valiant, and the epitome of honor, duty, and loyalty. I was proud to have this or any sports team bear the name of any tribe. It was called recognition.

Now, with allowing their players to disrespect our countries flag, I view these teams as not worthy to the titles bearing honor gleaned from my ancestor's legacy. I'm now cool with the change.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom