Close Call for Me This Morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love these good news stories...too often we overlook or forget blessings but cling to negatives. I know that your "threading the needle" will accomplish much good in making people think and be grateful. Sometimes the good is cloaked in dark times...but God is good and uses everything together to accomplish good for His children.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were headed back home in NM and creamed a mule deer doe just south of Hesperus, CO.

I rounded a corner going about 70 and was like she's not stopping and then bam. Never even hit the brakes. She jumped and thankfully spun around on my side and slid off the road. Must have snapped her neck because she never moved.

My oldest was under 2 at the time and was asleep in the back seat. My wife was asleep in the passenger seat. She woke up and was asking what all the noise was and while still driving I was like, we hit a deer. Thank the Lord for very solid built Chevy trucks. I still miss that 98 model extended cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never a dear, but almost a cow.

In my younger days I was driving at night on a back county gravel road heading home. Cresting over a small hill I suddenly see a cow right in the middle of the road. The ditches were deep drop-offs so I hit the brakes as hard as i safely could for a gravel road and braced for the imminent impact. I went sliding on the gravel and when I came to a stop I realized two things. 1. My eyes were closed. 2. I didn't hear or feel an impact. Upon opening my eyes I was greeted by the cow staring at me with it's head over the hood of my car and the bumper only 2-3 inches from it's front legs. I was doing ok for those first 2-3 seconds while we stared each other in the eyes. But then it let out a very long bellowing "Moooooo" and in that instant my composure fell apart. After what seemed like 4-5 minutes (Probably only 1-2) it wandered off the road and I eventually pulled myself together enough to finish driving home.

An experience like that will fill your heart with a strong belief in the Lord and your shorts with... well... you know.
Just my luck I would pick out the one cow that didn't have a brand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom