CMMG 22LR Conversion Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Others have answered your question but one thing I'd add. I can tell you for sure one thing that will make them have stoppages is the design of the hammer in your AR. The one on the left with the notch might hang every few rounds and the one on the right will run fine. Both of my Colt LE6920s came with the one on the left. I'd already replaced one with a QMS which ran fine but the other choked. After some research I found out this was common with that style hammer. When I put the same style QMS trigger group in the other rifle the CMMG kit ran fine in it too. YMMV

View attachment 209994
Good to know. Thank you

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

mgw750

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built 2 ar15's to use these in for my wife and her sister. One uses the bravo kit that you use in a standard ar the other is a dedicated kit that you use with a dedicated 22lr cmmg barrel. I used the bore buddy in both and a charge handle insert in one, the other with the .22lr barrel has no gas tube. They both work flawlessly and are a blast shoot. Im going to buy another bravo kit for my rifle I liked it so much. You better have alot .22lr ammo cause you go thru alot of it. I call my wife the "Mag Dump Queen".

mgw750

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I did with the wife's. She has a ballistic advantage barrel in 5.56 and I just installed gas block backward so the gas port is blocked, works fine. I may replace the barrel one day with a cmmg .22lr barrel cause she will never convert it back. She loves this rifle so much she gave her 10/22 away.
I am building a 22/223 upper with a spare 16” barrel I have. I will not install the gas block or gas tube, but will be able to easily add them if I decide to later.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I did with the wife's. She has a ballistic advantage barrel in 5.56 and I just installed gas block backward so the gas port is blocked, works fine. I may replace the barrel one day with a cmmg .22lr barrel cause she will never convert it back. She loves this rifle so much she gave her 10/22 away.
Good idea on the gas block install. I will give that a try.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old Spike's Tactical drop in kit came with a gas tube bloke that is pin in place of the regular gas tube. I'm running it now with a dedicated 22lr barrel with a CMMG collar. It hang up with a FTF every once in a while but I was running it dry instead of wet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom