CMP 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I saw that yesterday, and I was wondering what percentage of the CMP member base would spring for a luck-of-the-draw 1911 priced at $1000 and up. I'm certain there's a lot of chagrin going around now, and people will be lining up a trip to one of the CMP stores for a hand-pick... IF they even want a Rack Grade at that price.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if we'd be looking at such a high price tag if Orest was still running the show. $1000 is ludicrous for what will likely be a worn-out, mixmaster, rack grade pistol. Just a few hundred more and you could have a very nice example of an original Remington Rand. I don't get it...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supply and demand. CMP needs to self fund its operation. If they only expect to get 10k pistols a year...then the math adds up especially with no big supply of M1s waiting in the wings.

They will sell every pistol they get at that price point, and still have a waiting list.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the sale of the 1911s, whenever and if ever it happens, will start off slowly until the fence-sitters hear the reports of the overall quality. If the CMP follows the usual pattern of undervaluing their wares, then the sales will ramp up like an Atlas rocket on lift-off. But, if the reports of the rack grade 1911s are tepid, then sales won't be that brisk. People in general are already grumbling, right or wrong, over the $1000 price point that was mentioned.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supply and demand. CMP needs to self fund its operation. If they only expect to get 10k pistols a year...then the math adds up especially with no big supply of M1s waiting in the wings.

They will sell every pistol they get at that price point, and still have a waiting list.

Undoubtedly that will be the case. The price point still seems out of touch compared to the CMP's current and previous offerings. If they are solely looking to maximize profit, they might as well be selling them through their auctions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom