CMP 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about jumping through hoops, but the CMP has always required some "Hoop Jumping". I think they will remain priced higher on the open market than the CMP sells them for. There are a lot of people out there chomping at the bit for these.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm jaded by it. I was assuming it would be a "decent deal" like the Garands USED to be (they arent so much of a deal any more), and shipped similarly (send in paperwork, have it at your door).
I agree lots were chomping at the bit..but most of my friends who were lost alot of interest as the details emerged. I might as well just go grab one at the next local gun show and be able to see what I'm buying first.

Bah humbug...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CMP’s prices on Garands continue to be amongst the lowest on the market. They may not be the steal they once were, but you’d be hard pressed to find a better deal than theirs from someone who isn’t a close relative, closer friend, or a clueless seller. I expect their 1911’s will be priced similarly; not a red hot deal, but still at the bottom of the market.

What I want to know is the condition of what they consider to be Service Grade, if they use the same grades as for Garands and Carbines, etc. I’d expect a mixmaster, but how worn will it be?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I qualified on them in 1990. Got to See Quite a few. They’re all gonna be rattletraps that run. I can’t imagine they will tighten the slides or do Any rail peening. Folks will Lose their mind

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In WW2 and Korea and probably Viet Nam during training they would disassemble the groups 1911's,
put all the parts on a blanket , shake'em all around, then let the guys put them back together.
There is no such thing as an "All Matching" issued 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom