CNN dominates airports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect that CNN, in paying for so much for their coverage in airports, wouldn't appreciate it if enough travelers voiced their opinions and wanted the "free market" to be in play.

I can image what TV would be watched the most if one was giving more of a variety of news while the other was pretty much anti-Trump.
Does anybody still even watch the TVs at the airport? I know I don't; I have an iPad for that job.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what’s your solution to ensure someone else provides you more choices for news when traveling by air?
I had a little success today. I was at Baptist in OKC today for an appointment for my wife, and CNN was on in the waiting room.
I asked if they could change the channel to FOX or to one of the local news channels.
They changed it to a hospital infomercial that looped with all the good things they could do for you.
I was ok with that. No argument, no problem.
I probably saved 15 or so patients from becoming liberals by my personal actions.
I need to organize a march or something.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody still even watch the TVs at the airport? I know I don't; I have an iPad for that job.
Ever traveled to a third world country where they don't have all the fun things? It's the banner that constantly indoctrinates the masses. I don't care who you are, but on occasion you will look up at that damned TV and see the banner across the bottom dictating what the rest of the world thinks is the truth about America. Its not anywhere near the truth. It's liberal indoctrination and people don't have any other opinion to combat it.
George Orwell at his finest.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

no, but that isn't the point. The point is that people with no books, and no cell phone power reserves and the inability to move away from the tv might be forced to sit in front of one and absorb all the liberal-creating waves from the televisions paid for by cnn.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever traveled to a third world country where they don't have all the fun things? It's the banner that constantly indoctrinates the masses. I don't care who you are, but on occasion you will look up at that damned TV and see the banner across the bottom dictating what the rest of the world thinks is the truth about America. Its not anywhere near the truth. It's liberal indoctrination and people don't have any other opinion to combat it.
George Orwell at his finest.

which third world airport have you recently traveled to that had CNN but nothing else?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, but that isn't the point. The point is that people with no books, and no cell phone power reserves and the inability to move away from the tv might be forced to sit in front of one and absorb all the liberal-creating waves from the televisions paid for by cnn.

I kind of fit into this category. I seldom ever fly because one can't see squat from 30,000 feet. (I prefer to drive to destinations so I can see the scenery.) If I am flying, I'm not carrying a tablet but part of my photo equipment. All I have otherwise is a smart phone and I hate trying to watch that little screen.

However, it is amusing to stand near the TV in an airport and snicker on occasion at something being said by the liberals on CNN. I get some interesting looks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom