Coated lead bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which ones are those?

Those are the .357's that swampratt powder coated. They weigh 170 grains with powder coating and gas check. They're out of a Lee mold, I'm sure, but I can't tell you which one. If they shoot well, I'll have to find out which one and start casting some more!

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are the .357's that swampratt powder coated. They weigh 170 grains with powder coating and gas check. They're out of a Lee mold, I'm sure, but I can't tell you which one. If they shoot well, I'll have to find out which one and start casting some more!

I may be a couple years late on this thread but this is just what I was looking to discuss.
How did those bullets shoot? Were you pushing them hard or just making comfy range loads? I want to make these for my Marlin as a hunting load, not sure if the gas check is necessary or not with the powder coating.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be a couple years late on this thread but this is just what I was looking to discuss.
How did those bullets shoot? Were you pushing them hard or just making comfy range loads? I want to make these for my Marlin as a hunting load, not sure if the gas check is necessary or not with the powder coating.

Oh, man! I've slept since then! I'll have to go back and look to see if I maintained any notes! I don't remember off the top of my head! Of course, I have been shooting them from a 4" S&W, so your Marlin would handle them entirely differently. But, I don't know why they wouldn't work ... and work well!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load PC in .30-30 without GC
Accurate, clean, and I will be using them on deer

The load is equivalent to a mid-range. 25-06 load.
110gr PC bullet @ 2400 - 2500 fps

Loaded the same bullet @ 2500 fps in .30-06, for grandson to use. He loves it.

20190626_134416.jpg

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I load PC in .30-30 without GC
Accurate, clean, and I will be using them on deer

The load is equivalent to a mid-range. 25-06 load.
110gr PC bullet @ 2400 - 2500 fps

Loaded the same bullet @ 2500 fps in .30-06, for grandson to use. He loves it.

Did you powder coat them yourself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom