Coffee Bean Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NikatKimber....I am a huge coffee snob. Trust me on this... Drive up to Tulsa, go to DoubleShot (18th/Boston), Have them make you a latte or pour over, or even an Americano. Enjoy the bliss that is magical ground brewed goodness. Then buy some of their beans (roasted on site every week)...either let them grind to your specs, or if you have a GOOD Burr grinder you can do it yourself (don't use one of those spinny-blade grinders). Now enjoy your newfound addiction at home.

Edit...I buy the Ambergris Espresso Roast. It's the best I've had ever. Even going to the Doka Coffee Plantation in Costa Rica...not even close to Ambergris

DoubleShots is still open?!!??!!?!?!?!? :w000t: :w000t: :w000t:
I thought they had closed down years ago. That's awesome news!

Also, we're just about neighbors now. We just moved to Claremore a couple weeks ago.

Check out Nordaggio's. Tor does a great job of picking the beans and roasting them.

I'll have to check Nordaggio's out. Never heard of them before.

I have and use a burr grinder. And have learned I prefer a lighter roast brewed stronger over a dark roast.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a buddy who works at a place in Mustang that roasts their own. He brings free coffee from the extra, good and free. I'll find out where an post it, as it's an online business.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the coffee grinders among you, I am going to be trying some new beans in the near future, and wanting some recommendations on sources / flavors / brands to try. And by "flavors" I don't mean peppermint or vanilla, I mean different beans or roasts.

Thank you!

what's almost more important than the bean is the grinder .. it needs to be setup to grind in consistent single doses with little to no fuss. grinding your beans a few seconds before brewing really makes a difference in quality!

if one wants really nice coffee, try roasting some green beans. it's not that expensive to setup. some folks get along fine with certain models of popcorn hot air poppers. Sweet Marias is a good resource http://legacy.sweetmarias.com/library/green-coffee/

my fav lately has been Sam's club Pablo's Pride @ about $11 for 2lb .. whole bean coffee from Guatemala that's been consistently excellent over the last few years it's been carried by Sams. there's usually a spare bag or two in the freezer.

s25.postimg.org_t9ju7gia5_DSC06019.jpg

here's my old turn of the century grinder that's still doing an excellent job!
[Broken External Image]

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Hario Skerton coffee grinder the other day, as well as a couple of my favorite coffees in bean form.

I have just a little bit of my favorite left ground from the roaster and I'm using it as a guide to properly adjust the grind of the manual mill.

Thus far I'm really liking it, and the coffee certainly does have a better taste to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom