Coffee.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting here enjoying my 2nd cup of the morning.

Don't know how his stomach handled it but before I pulled the plug there was a fella at work that drank black coffee all day long......not just pour a cup then pour it out after it got cold and go get another cup but actually DRANK coffee all day long.

I'd always drank it black but black coffee started really upsetting my delicate little tummy several years ago and my doc told me to start adding a little whole milk to it (powdered creamer works about as well when I'm away from refrigeration)......I did, it helped and that is how I drink my coffee now.

I normally drink 5 or 6 cups every morning and the wife has two......no fancy high dollar gourmet coffee or expensive coffee maker for us, just plain ol' Folgers Classic and a Mr. Coffee to brew it in.

Last edited:

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy a couple of cups of black coffee in the morning. I've recently started buying Peet's coffee. It's been my favorite coffee so far. I'll probably stick with it a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to work for a man who once said, "you know you've become a man when you have your first cup of black coffee."

Back in the 90s, when I worked the mean streets of Wewoka, our coffee maker NEVER got turned off. Literally. If the pot was close to empty, somebody would just make a "fresh" pot on top of the remains. God forbid if you got the last cup, which was about 3 or 4 days old and plum full of sediment. I drank it black back then.

Nowadays, I usually have about two cups. Two teaspoons of sugar and coffee-mate creamer. We like Dunkin' Donuts coffee. It's a little more than some, a little less than others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get a chuckle out of people who say, "I am a BIG coffee lover. But I will only drink coffee from arabica beans from central Brazil picked in late June by Juan Valdez himself."

I say you don't love coffee, you just love arabica bean coffee from central Brazil picked by Jaun Valdez in late June.

I love coffee. My favorite kind of coffee is "free". LOL!

Black Rifle Coffee Company is pretty good, but it's pricey, mostly $15 or so for 12 oz. Shipping is free if you join a club and have it automatically sent periodically (once a month?)

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

You can find it in some sporting goods stores, and maybe Amazon.

Their t-shirts are VERY comfortable.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I drink dark roasted coffee, black, brewed in a ten year old Mr. Coffee.

I don't need high dollar coffee to enjoy a few cups each morning and here and there throughout the day but I do like drinking the more expensive coffee when it is gifted to me. I just won't pay a lot for coffee myself.

My dad always drank his coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar when I was a kid so that is how I started drinking it. Over time I put less and less sugar in my coffee until I eventually started drinking it black.

Now Irish coffee or something similar that I make, usually with bourbon, is a different story. I'll add a generous pour of whiskey, a little stevia, and top it with a dollop of whip cream. Good stuff on a cold evening!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy a couple of cups of black coffee in the morning. I've recently started buying Peet's coffee. It's been my favorite coffee so far. I'll probably stick with it a while.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you know Peet's has a few ties to Starbucks?

Jerry Baldwin learned the coffee trade from Alfred Peet, whose store Peet's Coffee & Tea, was the inspiration for Starbucks. Starbucks purchased roasted coffee beans from Peet's during its first year of operation.

In 1984, Jerry Baldwin, a Starbucks founder, bought Peet's four locations from Sal Bonavita. In 1987, Baldwin and his Starbucks co-investors sold Starbucks to focus on Peet's

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I initially tried coffee in college in 1964, but didn't like it so I never drank coffee again until 1999. That is when I went to work for the OSBI, and the wife worked there and had to be in to work at 7:00am so as to be there if folks had IT problems first thing in the morning. Prior to that, my jobs generally had me arriving at work at 9:00am or later.

Been drinking Folgers Classic Roast ever since with a 4-cup (actually 5 if filled close to the rim of the carafe) cheap Mr. Coffee or such. One pot in the morning and another in the evening. Two packet of Sweet and Low in each cup. No creamer at all.

Will NEVER pay the price for "coffee shop" coffee.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coffee has: 1. something really awful that I can taste and y'all can't, or 2. something really good that I can't taste and y'all can.
I worked with a guy that drove about 20 miles to work. He'd make a pot at home, fill his thermos and drink it on the way to work. Then he'd drink make coffee in the break room and drink it all through the 12 hour shift. Day or night shift, didn't matter. Before shift change he'd brew a new pot in the break room and fill his thermos for the trip home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom