Cold Bore Tested My 2023 Hunting Season Load Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I'm not sure how "clone correct" I'm going to stay with the scope on my M40A1 build but I'm keeping everything else as close as possible. Mostly I want to put it on the the table at gun shows as a conversation starter.

Well, if your avatar implies that you do precision rifle work (my assumption) I think that the M40A1 is a great way to showcase your work.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like the Busnell? I have an older 3-21 on one of mine and it’s great. Just wondering how the newer ones are.

I made a bit of a mistake in trying to use the LRTS as a hunting scope. I can make out the reticle well enough in first/last light, but you will not see your windage/elevation marks until well after sunrise. The work around is that I put masking tape around the elevation dial and just pen in my yardage. Much easier to see.

As far as glass and repeatability, the Elite Bushnell line is one of the best 'bang for the buck' options out there. Its no S&B, ZCO, Kahles etc... but very serviceable. I have a DMR II on a 6.5x47L myself. I think the newest generation is supposed to give you an extra percent or two in brightness. However, I have a habit of buying scopes that I like when they get discontinued and go on sale. I got this LRTS and my DMR II from Camera Land in 2020 and 2021 for $750 and $900 respectively.

I hunt my own place, so this is all I need. However if I had dropped $5-10K on a trophy hunt somewhere, I'd definitely look into a different scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom