Cold shooting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I urge everyone to try it. If you live where you can toss on jeans, boots and a shirt. Grab your home gun or what you’d grab in the need. Run outside and walk around in 30 degrees for 30 minutes or so and see if you can still hit as if you are not freezing. I tried it today, this late eve. I froze my ass off and could not hit near as if warm. I guess ya can do it without shooting, just watch your sights shake like young tata’s!

I was raised on a farm, milked cows etc etc. Drilled Water Wells and Dozer work, always outdoors, oil field never worked indoors in my life.. The cold is getting to me as I age. Any you all notice that.

I’ve never been this old before! LOL!

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hat and gloves in every jacket and coat. I take coats with me fall - spring. I have a poncho in every car, 4 in the Jeep. Id rather be prepared. I changed a tire in a downpour in 34 degree weather. Never again. I’m rather hot natured.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to think about how hard it was gonna be to do anything after standing for hours on SWAT call-outs on perimeter or waiting on the word to do something from the team leaders. It can get pretty cold in Colorado in the winter and there were times I couldn't feel my hands or feet.

We walked around South Park at 9800+ feet elevation in knee-deep snow for 8 hours one night looking for some dude that shot a deputy. Even though I was prepared the sub-zero temps will get through pretty much anything after a couple of hours.

I was a lot younger and more fit back then. I'm pretty tolerant of cold weather but it still can make it very hard to function. That's why if I get in a gunfight it's either gonna be in the summer time or indoors with the heat on.

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom