Coleman gurus, I could use some guidance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, not them gals. Obviously, you've never seen The Sandlot.

How far SE are you? I go out that way for hunting and fishing a lot, gonna be going east tomorrow to do some scouting for a day or two I think. I'd rather buy a stove and lantern off a member here than jump through hoops for questionable crap on facebook or craigslist.
Talihina area

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well dangit, my last post got chopped off. Surely my fault.

Since you are in a tent this won't help, but for anyone else.... or you in the future....

You can buy a diesel heater for $125.00 - ish, they are made to be mounted permanently or temporarily to a vehicle such as a camper, possibly a building of some sort. Lots of possibilities.

There are tons of youtube videos of van dwells, schoolie bus folks, etc, going out on the road as cheaply as possible and freezing their asses off. The diesel heaters mount outside, draw in fresh air, send the heat inside, and the exhaust is vented outside away. Pretty awesome little inexpensive heaters, and they can make a lot of good comfortable heat at a very low cost, don't use much fuel either.

Plug in "diesel heaters for vans campers rv's" on Youtube. There are tons of interesting videos.

I'd have no qualms at all using one, but I'd dang sure have a carbon monoxide detector running too.

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So as the weathers gets cold again, I am reminded of issues I have had in years past while camping/hunting in the cold. Last year (or maybe earlier this year) I was out at sandy sanders, and the temps got down to -10 or so. Cold cold. All my water froze and to make things worse, my propane tank didn't work. Which meant no cooking or water until the weather warmed up some hours later. I hate spending the money on the little bottles, so I just have a regular 20lb tank I take with me everywhere. I dislike it because it takes up so much space when packing all my hunting/camping gear into my truck. I also hate batteries, they die at weird times, leak, perform poorly in the cold, and are expensive. I never seem to have the right ones with me at the right time. So I was thinking of going "old school" and getting some older Coleman stuff that runs off white gas, specifically their camp stove and a lantern or two. Thoughts? What kind of prices should I be paying for used equipment? I'm seeing lanterns from $15-200 and stoves from $50-150.

I know I posted about Coleman lanterns being on sale for 66 bucks on Amazon some posts back. But right now they’re discounted even more at $53 for a new lantern with a carry case. Can’t beat that with a stick. I don’t need them but I just ordered two more.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I posted about Coleman lanterns being on sale for 66 bucks on Amazon some posts back. But right now they’re discounted even more at $53 for a new lantern with a carry case. Can’t beat that with a stick. I don’t need them but I just ordered two more.
I ordered one at each price. 😂 I sure didn't need them and I'm not crazy about the Schrader valve lanterns but that was a good price.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the link doesn't work anymore then.
Must have sold out. Or realized that they made a pricing mistake. I'll have to keep an eye out. Coleman is selling the dual fuel with a carry case on their website for $86 or so, still seems like a decent deal.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must have sold out. Or realized that they made a pricing mistake. I'll have to keep an eye out. Coleman is selling the dual fuel with a carry case on their website for $86 or so, still seems like a decent deal.
It fluctuates up and down. It might go back down , a lot of folks had the same problem on Coleman collectors forum and it went back down once the clicks slowed down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom