Coleman gurus, I could use some guidance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been collecting Coleman Lanterns and others for years , if you are patient and go to flea markets and search Craigslist you can find really nice condition ones for not much money . There is little that ever goes wrong with these old pressurized lanterns that in most cases can't be solved with two parts.

A new fuel cap and a new pump gasket . Sometimes they need to be fettled if they were left full of gas but I just recently fired up a 242C which had been hanging in a garage using nothing but a little oil in the pump to get the leather supple so it would build pressure and some gas. It fired right up, same for a 425F compact stove .

These are pretty simple machines and can be had cheaply , just stock up on white gas so you have it when you need it and keep a few spares around like generators and pump gaskets.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been collecting Coleman Lanterns and others for years , if you are patient and go to flea markets and search Craigslist you can find really nice condition ones for not much money . There is little that ever goes wrong with these old pressurized lanterns that in most cases can't be solved with two parts.

A new fuel cap and a new pump gasket . Sometimes they need to be fettled if they were left full of gas but I just recently fired up a 242C which had been hanging in a garage using nothing but a little oil in the pump to get the leather supple so it would build pressure and some gas. It fired right up, same for a 425F compact stove .

These are pretty simple machines and can be had cheaply , just stock up on white gas so you have it when you need it and keep a few spares around like generators and pump gaskets.

And mantles. Need to have a good store of those.

Okieprepper

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty...
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap. I don't really need any more lanterns but my compulsory good sense won't allow me to pass on such a good deal. But by all means be careful with that style of lanter case. They are prone to not latching good and thereby sending your lantern to the ground and breaking the glass globe.
Yeap, first two times I picked up Coleman lanterns in cases that’s exactly what happened. Now I just view those cases as something to keep the lanterns from getting smashed, that’s it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom