Colin Kaepernick Named Face of Nike's 30th Anniversary of 'Just Do It' Campaign

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The backlash has started:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...ort-from-strange-bedfellows-over-nike-ad.html

Backlash after Colin Kaepernick named face of Nike ad

Nike’s announcement Monday it would make Colin Kaepernick the face of its “Just Do It” campaign sparked a firestorm on social media -- and literal fires, too.

Some social media users took to Twitter to showcase their frustrations. Videos and photos showed fans completely destroying their Nike-branded apparel, with some going as far as letting the gear go up in flames.

“First the @NFL forces me to choose between my favorite sport and my country,” Twitter user Sean Clancy wrote. “I chose country. Then @Nike forces me to choose between my favorite shoes and my country. Since when did the American Flag and the National Anthem become offensive?”

Clancy added a video of burning Nike sneakers to his tweet.

John Rich, of the country music band Big & Rich, also shared a photo of the band’s soundman’s cut-up Nike socks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many billions did it cost them? That was an expensive "Just do it!" For that kind of money they could have launched a few Teslas into space.

Woody

How ‘bout they launch that fool Klapernick and his steenkin’ shoes into space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
b876d3594679e134c2f3742c0d982da1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom