Colion Noir: Gun Nuts | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to give this a watch. Maher is unfairly speaking for teachers when he says that they(teachers) don't want to be armed in the class room(starts around 7:35 in the video)--Noir should have corrected Maher on this point.

Colion Noir: Gun Nuts | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
Real Time with Bill Maher
Published on Jun 22, 2018

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I love Mahers statement that he hopes there are guns in the studio, but he does not see that his personal protection is his responsibility!!
Have never understood that sort of thinking!! Let the $12 an hour security guard be responsible LOL:scratch:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What wrong with using his real name?
But Colion is his real name! That's like saying, "I wish John Wayne would use his real name." People adopt stage names for a variety of reasons. Perhaps he wants to separate his gun rights activism from his legal practice.

This is how I wished he would have handled the question of arming teachers: "Well, Bill, I would agree with you if it meant forcing all teachers to carry guns. However, there are a number of teachers who already own guns and have concealed carry permits. What I would like to see is laws allowing those teachers to carry in school and perhaps even providing them with school district funded training to enhance their ability to defend their students in an active shooter situation. That would allow those teachers to be able to do more than just lay down their lives in defense of their students."

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But Colion is his real name! That's like saying, "I wish John Wayne would use his real name." People adopt stage names for a variety of reasons. Perhaps he wants to separate his gun rights activism from his legal practice.

This is how I wished he would have handled the question of arming teachers: "Well, Bill, I would agree with you if it meant forcing all teachers to carry guns. However, there are a number of teachers who already own guns and have concealed carry permits. What I would like to see is laws allowing those teachers to carry in school and perhaps even providing them with school district funded training to enhance their ability to defend their students in an active shooter situation. That would allow those teachers to be able to do more than just lay down their lives in defense of their students."

This was my stance in an argument with an anti-gun person on FB. They said that teachers are "normal" people who were not trained for combat. I countered with "Oh yeah, what about veterans who turn to teaching after their military career? How about those teachers who have taken advanced firearm defense classes on their own?" Their comeback was the same "They are still not qualified, they are not cops!". To which I asked "Are cops not normal people as well?" Got no response.

Latest posts

Top Bottom