Collapsible Baton Legality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BJJ is great, but a year of BJJ versus a large criminal male intent on doing her harm is rolling loaded dice.

What Mike just said bears repeating:

For a woman's purposes, there is NO SUBSTITUTE for a firearm or fixed blade accompanied by a fighting mindset and the ability to manage unknown contacts; NOTHING ELSE EVEN COMES CLOSE.

I always use myself as an example when I talk to women about self defense...I say something like "What if *I* were evil, and wanted to hurt you...you better damn well shoot me." (I'm built like a white version of Mike Brown...if Mike had quit working out 10 years ago... :D )

Rainee Dae

New to the site!
Reaction score
Here is the deal, I work in a building that at one time had many muggings in Tulsa. During that time I carried a 3 foot thermocouple to my car every night when I worked late, I can swing that thing like a baseball bat. My dad wanted me to get a concealed weapons liscense but lets be real I am a girl with PMS. Do you know how many ppl tick me off in one day... I am not crazy. Now my question is can I as a civilian, carry a collapsible baton to protect myself? I would be interested in taking courses on how to use them properly and efficiently. I don't like the idea of pepper spray because hell I would rather knock the crap out of someone trying to rob me than spray them with some stinky crap. My dad taught me enough to protect myself but I would like just a bit more.. So if anyone with actual law information could reply to this so I know and my dad can buy me one for a late christmas present. I heard that anything 18 inch and longer would be illegal, so please enlighten me on this information. Thank you.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the deal, I work in a building that at one time had many muggings in Tulsa. During that time I carried a 3 foot thermocouple to my car every night when I worked late, I can swing that thing like a baseball bat. My dad wanted me to get a concealed weapons liscense but lets be real I am a girl with PMS. Do you know how many ppl tick me off in one day... I am not crazy. Now my question is can I as a civilian, carry a collapsible baton to protect myself? I would be interested in taking courses on how to use them properly and efficiently. I don't like the idea of pepper spray because hell I would rather knock the crap out of someone trying to rob me than spray them with some stinky crap. My dad taught me enough to protect myself but I would like just a bit more.. So if anyone with actual law information could reply to this so I know and my dad can buy me one for a late christmas present. I heard that anything 18 inch and longer would be illegal, so please enlighten me on this information. Thank you.

And um, welcome to okshooters?:wave:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hell of a first post. Welcome.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you mons meg. If I were a bad guy predating a smaller person.. maybe I just want their wallet. But if they pull a baton on me, I'm for damn sure gonna beat their face in with it.

Martialartsblackbelt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ive had several contacts with police. more then id like to admit.
but have always had my asp right next to my seat in plain sight.
the most slake ive gotten was, "thats a nice asp, may i see it?"
i always carry my tactual folder as well, a few officers have asked to "hold it" during the background check ordeal but have always been given back.
i honestly think it would depend on the officer and situation.

IM highly trained in Martial Arts so i would pose a huge threat with either of these weapons, and with in 21 feet.... a hand gun not drawn has little chance.
Thank God for officers with good character perception.

off on a rant, tell her to buy a hammerless revolver.
shes not gonna win a fight with an aggressive male while pulling Guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom