Collapsible Baton Legality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is assuming the knife guy is trained. We used to play around with this in the academy. If the pistol holder is trained in using his pistol well the knife guy has two in him before getting into range of said pistol guy.I agree someone HIGHLY trained with knives can pose a serious threat. But someone equally trained with a pistol can be VERY fast and accurate. It pays to train.

This is a very good case for open carry, it's just faster

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its also a very good case for getting off the X,moving, staying alert, and just about any other training you can get/read/learn.:hey3::w000t:

Very true. If you think Im just going to stand there while Mr. knife guy makes a bayonet charge at me...Im not. Training and if possible practicing are big helps in surviving any type of attack.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Tueller drills are meant to teach against the invulnerability mentality, not so much dwell on how well trained that Escrimador mugger might be. ;)

think elevator ride, not middle of baseball diamond.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I don't mean to be flippant. But c'mon. I've seen guys get hit in the head with solid tire irons and go on to take the iron away and beat the livin shi7 outta the original wielder.

Some people are tough as hell! Watch a UFC match someday to see how much SOME people are able to withstand. Throw a healthy dose of PCP in the mix and you've got your hands full. A little baton ain't gonna do squat against a 6'4" 260LB PCP rager on full steam! Hell, a 9mm might not even save your life against such a threat. (unless you hit your mark several times and run like hell)

If you're worried about your safety, get a gun, get a license to carry it, practice with it, and keep a weathered eye out at all times for the BG.

Latest posts

Top Bottom