College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought this was cool. 2 streaks that will never be broken. Softball streak ended at 71 games.
20240303_123129.jpg

Last edited:

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since my Alma UVA was I think 3-9 I've ot no room to talk smack but I have wondered since moving here, most all state universities are University of Pennsylvania, U of Virginia, U of California, and and that dreaded viper pit south of the Red River, the U. of Texas.

Here it Oklahoma University.

Any particular reason or just an Okieism, LOL?

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since my Alma UVA was I think 3-9 I've ot no room to talk smack but I have wondered since moving here, most all state universities are University of Pennsylvania, U of Virginia, U of California, and and that dreaded viper pit south of the Red River, the U. of Texas.

Here it Oklahoma University.

Any particular reason or just an Okieism, LOL?
The notable exception to the "University of" nomenclature is Indiana University, and any Hoosier alum will correct you if you call it the University of Indiana. There is a University of Indiana, but it's not in the state of Indiana, it's in Pennsylvania--in the city of Indiana, Pennsylvania.

I gather that it's a sore subject for Hoosiers, judging by what I've been told by the IU alumni I've known.

Latest posts

Top Bottom