College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few things I noticed:
1st qtr: All OU, both sides of the ball.
2nd qtr: All defense though OSU started moving the ball and was able to get a field goal
3rd qtr: Pretty much all OSU, though OU's defense did pretty well. OU's offense was stemied by conservative play calling, Farooq having the dropsies, and a bad holding call by the refs.
4th qtr: PRetty much all OU defense.

OU needs a better OC, hands down. I know the personnel isn't at the level OU is used to having, but damn did I see some poor and predictable play calls. Also, someone needs to keep the grease off Farooq's hands.
And in the 2nd half, the ref's were obviously favoring OSU. That PI call in the endzone was total bullcrap, then they give OSU the first down when the player's knee hit well before the ball made it to the line to meet. And that holding call that halted the best drive for OU in the whole 2nd half.

What the total difference was OSU was asleep for the first 15 minutes of play time and OU's defense really stepped up for the last 3 quarters.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Man I don't think I can recall trying to blow it like tonight. Offense went home after the 1st qtr. Did they even make a 1st down in the 2nd half?

But that D! They hung tough! I thought for sure they'd run completely out of gas, they were on the field for 3 full quarters.
I think OSU offense helped your defense more than the defense helped themselves lol. 4 int against a poor Defense, terrible game by Sanders and the OSU defensive backs, terrible.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think OSU offense helped your defense more than the defense helped themselves lol. 4 int against a poor Defense, terrible game by Sanders and the OSU defensive backs, terrible.
Did you miss that sack, tackle for loss and another sack in 3 plays for about a negative forever in the 4th?

Dusty was saying "why are they punting? You may not even get the ball back". I'm pretty sure OU earned all of that.

ETA: And I lost track of how many 3 and outs OU had in the 2nd half. Those OSU defensive backs didn't suck as much as you make out.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Did you miss that sack, tackle for loss and another sack in 3 plays for about a negative forever in the 4th?

Dusty was saying "why are they punting? You may not even get the ball back". I'm pretty sure OU earned all of that.

ETA: And I lost track of how many 3 and outs OU had in the 2nd half. Those OSU defensive backs didn't suck as much as you make out.
So one series with a few minutes left when OSU had the ball in their own territory? You dont have to be defenseive coordinator to know what OSU will do in that situation and proves my point, how often was Sanders sacked this year, especially on consecutive plays? Rarely, he's been an escape artist his whole career. He wasn't himself whatsoever all night. How many times were him and his reciever not on the same page? One resulted in an interception, one other instance should have been an interception..

So you can't tell me that the same offense that took KState to double OT and beat Texas(remember the OU Texas game and what OU's defense was like?) was out there tonight and OU's defense finally stepped it up and shut down that same offense lmao. OSU's defense finally decided to play( despite not having four starters) the last three quarters but it was too late. OSU's defensive backs suckage resulted directly in the TD play or on the TD drives on every OU touchdown.

I have no idea where our starting running back was last night, he never walked on the field, I'm not even sure if he was there. Commentators mentioned it a couple times and usually when that happens a camera man will find them on the sideline. He wasn't in the injury report either.

Bottom line, OU played like they have all season, both the offense and defense are inconsistent and Stoops is a reliable stud of a WR. OSU played like it did during every previous loss, missing starters on offense and defense, Sanders either not playing at all or playing hurt, poor tackling, poor clock management. The normal 22' OU played a not normal 22' OSU.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had me worried for sure. See you boys next week. Do Norman residents have flood insurance? Just checking to see if they are protected from all those Sooner tears that will be flowing. Hit my PM box if you’ve got faith in your boys. Speak up by midnight tomorrow night or keep your money in your stash.
Hey @USMC,
Looks like all those cowgirls had to swim back to Stillwater in all those Cowgirl tears. I hope they all had flood insurance. 😂😂😂

Oh and I hadn’t seen anything hit my Venmo account yet. Time to pay up.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey @USMC,
Looks like all those cowgirls had to swim back to Stillwater in all those Cowgirl tears. I hope they all had flood insurance. 😂😂😂

How much does he owe you??? Any lifelong OSU fan should know better than to bet on OSU during Bedlam lol, I sure do.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @USMC,

F0FC049E-2819-46CA-9FE6-B753DFF4DC9E.gif

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So one series with a few minutes left when OSU had the ball in their own territory? You dont have to be defenseive coordinator to know what OSU will do in that situation and proves my point, how often was Sanders sacked this year, especially on consecutive plays? Rarely, he's been an escape artist his whole career. He wasn't himself whatsoever all night. How many times were him and his reciever not on the same page? One resulted in an interception, one other instance should have been an interception..

So you can't tell me that the same offense that took KState to double OT and beat Texas(remember the OU Texas game and what OU's defense was like?) was out there tonight and OU's defense finally stepped it up and shut down that same offense lmao. OSU's defense finally decided to play( despite not having four starters) the last three quarters but it was too late. OSU's defensive backs suckage resulted directly in the TD play or on the TD drives on every OU touchdown.

I have no idea where our starting running back was last night, he never walked on the field, I'm not even sure if he was there. Commentators mentioned it a couple times and usually when that happens a camera man will find them on the sideline. He wasn't in the injury report either.

Bottom line, OU played like they have all season, both the offense and defense are inconsistent and Stoops is a reliable stud of a WR. OSU played like it did during every previous loss, missing starters on offense and defense, Sanders either not playing at all or playing hurt, poor tackling, poor clock management. The normal 22' OU played a not normal 22' OSU.

I'm SO glad you let us win!! Thank you!

It is absolutely retarded to bring up the D in the Texas game, the offense never held on to the ball. Don't get me wrong, we have a bipolar team and our D has been trash, but Sanders had nowhere to go all night. We had 4 starters back and Washington and Bowman played like we know they could.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm SO glad you let us win!! Thank you!

It is absolutely retarded to bring up the D in the Texas game, the offense never held on to the ball. Don't get me wrong, we have a bipolar team and our D has been trash, but Sanders had nowhere to go all night. We had 4 starters back and Washington and Bowman played like we know they could.

Never said OSU let them win, yes OU is a bi-polar team when playing with their starters even. OSU isn't a bi-polar team, when they have starters they win, when they don't they don't win lol. Iirc 5 of 11 defensive starters were out last night and it showed in the first quarter, they adjusted and held the rest of the night. OSU offense was a disaster all night. QB play was terrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom