College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man! You OU fans are really a hateful bunch. I sure hope Venables and his staff make something of the OU program or you all will turn on him just a quickly as you all did Riley. A B*tch? Really? You all were creaming in your short just a few short months ago. When he decideds to head to another program to make more money and to a historically elite football school you all freak out. Almost seems like the woke fans of college football. You love the person until you don't.

I know you don't really keep a close eye on Oklahoma Football and that's fine but it's a lot more involved than that. It's not that he left, we are MUCH better off from a coaching staff standpoint, it's HOW he left. He basically was recruiting kids in southern Cali, knowing he was going to leave, on Oklahoma's dime. If you'll notice, all the 5 stars he recent recruited were in USC's backyard. He then lied to everyone's face, including the team, about how someone should remain loyal blah blah blah. All the while telling everyone that he made the decision to leave within a 12 hour period. Come to find out it was in the beginning of the season when he threw his name out there. Couple that with a "recruiting" trip on the bye week before the Baylor game and preparations that looked lackluster in the final part of the season. Hell, he even tried to poach every coach off the coaching staff..... and even came back at DeMarco Murray when he lost Tashard Choice. He just lost Jamar Cain to LSU so it seems karma is a beyotch. :D So ya...... lots of people are pissed.

So I get that OSU fans always want to point fingers, but given y'all have wanted Gundy's head off an on over the past 5 years, you're not immune to emotion either. Especially if it's warranted.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an OSU fan but I’m MUST say Lincoln RAPED OU. It’s one of the worst exits from one team to another I have EVER seen. He displayed no respect or loyalty to a school that had been very good to him.
His actions are a carbon copy of society as it represents the new generation. That belief is Me not We. With all that has happened since his exit, along with moving to the SEC the football program will be wounded for several years. It will recover but not over night.

Lincoln is a selfish, self serving person. That kind seldom move through life without struggles. He was given the best possible situation a top 10 program could provide.. His exit was a reflection of who he REALLY is !

He WILL get his

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man! You OU fans are really a hateful bunch. I sure hope Venables and his staff make something of the OU program or you all will turn on him just a quickly as you all did Riley. A B*tch? Really? You all were creaming in your short just a few short months ago. When he decideds to head to another program to make more money and to a historically elite football school you all freak out. Almost seems like the woke fans of college football. You love the person until you don't.
You are 100% incorrect here bub, I have never been a huge fan of Lincoln Riley and that is obvious to anyone. Grinch is worse to be sure but I am no Riley fan and I never was, I mean his solo projects so far Rattler (was flop) Caleb Williams (is following him to USC) so we will have to se how that turns out. But dont act like I suddenly tuned on Riley because I have never really liked Riley as the head coach.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an OSU fan but I’m MUST say Lincoln RAPED OU. It’s one of the worst exits from one team to another I have EVER seen. He displayed no respect or loyalty to a school that had been very good to him.
His actions are a carbon copy of society as it represents the new generation. That belief is Me not We. With all that has happened since his exit, along with moving to the SEC the football program will be wounded for several years. It will recover but not over night.

Lincoln is a selfish, self serving person. That kind seldom move through life without struggles. He was given the best possible situation a top 10 program could provide.. His exit was a reflection of who he REALLY is !

He WILL get his

Oh, I think we will bounce back a LOT quicker than that. Even if CW goes.....

Jack Johnson

GOD, GUNS, and GUTS made AMERICA GREAT
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Seems like all of the Big 12 teams in bowl games won!
I think the big 12 went 6-2, but I bet we won't get any respect in the final rankings. I've seen some poles still have Notre Dame 5th or 6th depending on which pole after their bowl loss. OU will probably finish out of the top 10, first time in how many yrs?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I think we will bounce back a LOT quicker than that. Even if CW goes.....
Williams will not return to Oklahoma. The offensive line lost big to the NFL up coming draft. Williams hated being chased all year. New replacements will not help that. He will go where he can be protected AND coached by NFL connected coaches offensively.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Williams will not return to Oklahoma. The offensive line lost big to the NFL up coming draft. Williams hated being chased all year. New replacements will not help that. He will go where he can be protected AND coached by NFL connected coaches offensively.

Lebby literally just put Matt Coral in the NFL and he put 49 on Bama with less talent than what is at OU. So should Williams leave, it's not for lack of Offensive development. Not sure how much you follow OU football but but look at the roster and take into account the transfers. OL Big hit? Nah. Bedenbaugh doesn't disappoint and of course, Lebby knows something about OL play and recruiting. We will be just fine should CW stay or leave.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was just posted on another message board I read... The guy who posted it, soonerrick64 has been posting there longer than I've been reading it (2-3 years). I have no idea who his sources are, but he has never posted any information that turned out to be wildly inaccurate, and IMO he is pretty credible. It is the internet though, so I'm just sharing it FWIW, you can decide.

https://www.soonertimes.com/viewtopic.php?p=8811#p8811

Latest posts

Top Bottom