College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was just posted on another message board I read... The guy who posted it, soonerrick64 has been posting there longer than I've been reading it (2-3 years). I have no idea who his sources are, but he has never posted any information that turned out to be wildly inaccurate, and IMO he is pretty credible. It is the internet though, so I'm just sharing it FWIW, you can decide.

https://www.soonertimes.com/viewtopic.php?p=8811#p8811
Not sure how much is credible from the post i read in the attachment. He said that Riley was mentioning to the recruits in September that he was probably leaving. He signed Malachi Nelson who's probably the best QB in 2023 class. So if he was hinting to recruits about his departure from OU why would Nelson make a campus/game visit just a month or so ago?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does "several years" = next November? So you're not making sense. Do you believe OU will be in the SEC next November? Please by all means, lay out your predictions so you can remind me and be specific pertaining to next year. Where will OU be next November in your opinion in terms of conference and record?
The process of recovery will have begun by the Conference Championship. We’ll see if they get that far. I’m not of the opinion they will but we’ll see. After the 22 season I believe they will make the buyout of the Big 12 settlement and move to the SEC. EVERYTHING then changes for them! New world that will test their water for sure. OU will NEVER have the NI L funds to compete in that conference. They’ll need to make up for that. No idea how they can do that

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how much is credible from the post i read in the attachment. He said that Riley was mentioning to the recruits in September that he was probably leaving. He signed Malachi Nelson who's probably the best QB in 2023 class. So if he was hinting to recruits about his departure from OU why would Nelson make a campus/game visit just a month or so ago?
You lost me. Nelson committed to OU in July, then decommitted like the same day Riley announced he was leaving (Nov 28) and committed to USC a couple of days later. Made a visit to OU in the last month? I don't remember hearing anything about that....

Yeah, I just kind of take it as interesting information. The guy is generally pretty credible. Would I stake my life on anything I read on an internet message board, ummmmmm......

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lebby literally just put Matt Coral in the NFL and he put 49 on Bama with less talent than what is at OU. So should Williams leave, it's not for lack of Offensive development. Not sure how much you follow OU football but but look at the roster and take into account the transfers. OL Big hit? Nah. Bedenbaugh doesn't disappoint and of course, Lebby knows something about OL play and recruiting. We will be just fine should CW stay or leave.
He didn’t put many on Baylor. Granted, very few did this year. Would have been interesting to see if their starting about didn’t get hurt. He sure wasn’t off to a good start though.

Fans of all schools can be awful and suck, fan is short for fanatic after all.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He didn’t put many on Baylor. Granted, very few did this year. Would have been interesting to see if their starting about didn’t get hurt. He sure wasn’t off to a good start though.

Fans of all schools can be awful and suck, fan is short for fanatic after all.

I know being the contrarian is your thing but just stop lol....

He lost his starting QB halfway through the FIRST Quarter.

Lebby's resume.

2019 UCF 5th in total offense with true freshman QB
2020 Ole Miss. 8th in total offense. OU was 19th.
2021 Ole Miss 7th in Total Offense..... OU was 17th. ~avg 500 yds per game..... in the SEC.

I think it's safe to say he does well with QB development, which was my original point.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The process of recovery will have begun by the Conference Championship. We’ll see if they get that far. I’m not of the opinion they will but we’ll see. After the 22 season I believe they will make the buyout of the Big 12 settlement and move to the SEC. EVERYTHING then changes for them! New world that will test their water for sure. OU will NEVER have the NI L funds to compete in that conference. They’ll need to make up for that. No idea how they can do that

So you're kind of talking around the question and certainly moving the goalposts.

You said you would remind me of something next November. I'm still lost on what you are going to remind me of? You said OU won't recover for several years and I disagreed. Since you're now talking a shortened timeframe, then call your shot so to speak.

In terms of the NIL, Texas is the juggernaut, but Texas and Oklahoma seem to be a pair. So OU would've had to compete with that no matter what. Not really worried about a majority of SEC teams with regards to NIL. LSU and A&M will be tough but it is what it is. The NIL situation will become quite complicated IMO and more money won't necessarily translate to wins or championships every year. Athletes can get lazy after a good payday. You can reference several NFL, NBA, and MLB teams for that. Not to mention there will be some interesting landmines popping up, again IMO. Getting 1 million for Sister Mary's Lemonade stand will go only so far for recruits but we will see. OU seems to be taking the right attitude or at least one I can respect. They've surely hired some coaches that have shown they can get 5 star talent, and ones that have experience recruiting in the SEC. In which, SEC recruiting experience is something we did not have a few months ago. I'll take it and I like our chances. I'm sure most OSU fans, like yourself, feel differently, but that's surely not emotion talking eh?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know being the contrarian is your thing but just stop lol....

He lost his starting QB halfway through the FIRST Quarter.

Lebby's resume.

2019 UCF 5th in total offense with true freshman QB
2020 Ole Miss. 8th in total offense. OU was 19th.
2021 Ole Miss 7th in Total Offense..... OU was 17th. ~avg 500 yds per game..... in the SEC.

I think it's safe to say he does well with QB development, which was my original point.
I know, I watched the whole game. QB was 2-6 with an int when he got hurt. Would have loved to watch it with him in the whole game.

I think Lebby will do well. Especially if he makes adjustments during the game, something Riley never seemed to do against good defenses.

It’s where I think a lot of coaches could learn from saban and bellichek. Do what you need to do to win this game, don’t just do what got you there. Adjust, adjust, adjust…

Latest posts

Top Bottom