College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I see the NCAA NIL program going the same way as the State of Oklahoma's fustercluck that has become legalizing pot growing. Chits going to get way out of hand and the NCAA will have to reign in the NIL program with some new rules and regs because Booster programs and schools will overstep their bounds on what they can legally allow. We'll just see if any sanctions come down on football programs that overstep said bounds because of what they do or their boosters do. All this being said, Reggie Bush should get his Heisman back and all of USC's wins reinstated.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the NCAA NIL program going the same way as the State of Oklahoma's fustercluck that has become legalizing pot growing. Chits going to get way out of hand and the NCAA will have to reign in the NIL program with some new rules and regs because Booster programs and schools will overstep their bounds on what they can legally allow. We'll just see if any sanctions come down on football programs that overstep said bounds because of what they do or their boosters do. All this being said, Reggie Bush should get his Heisman back and all of USC's wins reinstated.
I have been making this same argument about Reggie and USC and SMU, and there are probably others that should be reinstated as well.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say this much about that anonymous sourced post but I 100% believe Riley has known he was leaving for USC since September, his house had been for sale since then that is absolutely true. The guy that used to BBQ for the team barely got his smokers back its a crazy deal, Riley is a snake, his assistants are snakes (especially the the one caught recruitng for USC on OU’s dime) Caleb Williams is going to USC, and I don’t think we should lose a wink of sleep over it (If he remains at OU he will not start next year) He has made it clear he is not in this for his team, or to win national championships. His goal is money and NFL development. Caleb said it himself he’s “not a businessman, he is a business, man”. Caleb has also said he would walk on to play for Riley. I love the staff and recruiting Venny has been able to put together without winning a single game. The new ruse in college football will be he with the biggest purse has the best shot (this could actually help unseat the Saban dynasty) this new world will favor Texas schools and USC unfortunately. Possibly OSU depending on how much coin T Boone left in trust for such a purpose such as NIL……LMAO!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Makes you wonder if 'they' shouldn't amend the transfer portal to allow just one jump to another school. It would still count as a jump even if he didn't follow through with it. Any more than that would require the sit-out provisions that were in place.

Just a thought.....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some big donors I know are saying Papa Williams wants 5 million for Caleb. Caleb reportedly wants to stay and loves the team and the program. Who knows if this is true but the same group has been accurate about most everything so far. Who knows though.....

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some big donors I know are saying Papa Williams wants 5 million for Caleb. Caleb reportedly wants to stay and loves the team and the program. Who knows if this is true but the same group has been accurate about most everything so far. Who knows though.....
After all this I wonder if Calab Williams says he wants to come back if Venables say thanks but we got a guy?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After all this I wonder if Calab Williams says he wants to come back if Venables say thanks but we got a guy?

They're looking for another QB right now, and Casey Thompson has OU on his list..... that would be interesting. I'm completely fine with what OU has, if Caleb comes back, great, but I really don't see that happening now. Getting close to overplaying their hand IMO, but man.... A&M is paying up so someone may pony up.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NIL is transforming the playing field.

Texas A&M boosters paid $30 million for the top-overall 2022 class

The Texas A&M football team has been recruiting at a higher level than any program that we’ve seen in… well, ever. The Aggies are one official letter of intent away from having the greatest class in the history of college football in 2022 — that letter should be signed by Harold Perkins, who recently committed to Texas A&M.

But after an 11-year stretch that saw Georgia and Alabama swap blows atop 247Sports’ recruiting rankings, how did the Aggies take the next step? Money.

The Texas A&M football team’s boosters allegedly paid upwards of $30 million for the top-overall 2022 class

Latest posts

Top Bottom