Colorado Draw Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is starting to post. My credit card was hit with the Colorado tag charges, so I know that I got a Black Bear tag. Headed back to Colorado for Rifle Bear tag in September. If you put in, you should start seeing results soon. I am just still pumped that my son wants to go out there with me and spend some quality time in the mountains for camping and hunting with me. I think he gets invites and offers for hunts with other people but he still goes with me. We need to figure out the best window for the food sources that we found. Two years ago, all the bear scat we found was a week old. We changed GMUs and kind of 'started over' based on some statistics and we found a good spot that had bears but it was about a week before we were there. Last year, we even went about a week earlier but I guess I need to educate myself on the weather patterns because that makes the oaks and cherries ripen earlier or later. I guess that's one of the benefits of the rifle bear season, it is most of September. Just wish I could stay for the whole season but I can only afford to go out there for 5-7 days. One of these days we will time it right. I'm a little excited.
Now hopefully I will draw a McAAP tag for deer in November. 🤞

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck and sounds fun. I encountered the same thing with bears in SE Oklahoma, they fed where they fed until the source was gone and then moved on to the next one. If your property didn't have the food, you saw nothing, if your property had the food previously you saw terds but no bears lol.

Put in for KS whitetail archery and drew tags there so that's the only traveling I'll do this year.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is starting to post. My credit card was hit with the Colorado tag charges, so I know that I got a Black Bear tag. Headed back to Colorado for Rifle Bear tag in September. If you put in, you should start seeing results soon. I am just still pumped that my son wants to go out there with me and spend some quality time in the mountains for camping and hunting with me. I think he gets invites and offers for hunts with other people but he still goes with me. We need to figure out the best window for the food sources that we found. Two years ago, all the bear scat we found was a week old. We changed GMUs and kind of 'started over' based on some statistics and we found a good spot that had bears but it was about a week before we were there. Last year, we even went about a week earlier but I guess I need to educate myself on the weather patterns because that makes the oaks and cherries ripen earlier or later. I guess that's one of the benefits of the rifle bear season, it is most of September. Just wish I could stay for the whole season but I can only afford to go out there for 5-7 days. One of these days we will time it right. I'm a little excited.
Now hopefully I will draw a McAAP tag for deer in November. 🤞
What unit in CO? September is during elk rut so i would take that into consideration also - find a hunter who is successful with an elk and help haul it out for the coordinates of the gut pile. Lived in CO most of 1992-2017 and hunted quite a bit. Send me a PM if you want to chat. Still got buddies who are avid hunters who might share some info depending on where.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm building points for unit 76 mule deer, that's where our family cabin is. Looks like NR draw is 5 points and I got 4 now. Also got 4 elk points, but drawing a bull in 76 wouldn't happen until I have grandchildren. I should be able to get a cow tag pretty easy though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom