Colt Commander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly, UPS reports in their tracking thingie that they 'incorrectly sorted' the package and the new delivery date is now Monday. IOW, they sent it to the wrong place. Frustrating, but it happens. Right now, it is in Okie City.
At least they think they know where it is. Scary, isn't it? Best of luck!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Field stripped it and put it back together. Someone told me that God kills a kitten when someone puts an idiot mark on a 1911. Thankfully no little kitties had to die because of me.

I do note that the Ruger mags were a bit harder to load than the three Wilson mags I bought for it. Like the posters on ShopRger.com said the last two rounds hard to load, but with my upLuLa loader, it was doable. The Wilson's were much easier to use.

All-in-all, it seems to be a fine pistol. My wife likes it as well. I look forward to actually shooting it.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the Ruger out to shoot today and put about 150 rounds through it. It was a fun gum to shoot, but a few things were not quite as they should be. The gun frequently failed to return to battery but a slight nudge was all it took. There were no FTEx or FTEj and other than that, the function was good. The FTR's should disappear as the pistol breaks in.

Accuracy was hard to gauge with me this time, but I think I did adequately. I was shooting plastic pop bottle.

I need to get another pallet so I can mount a target stand and see what I am doing accuracy-wise.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT do a detailed cleaning until you get at least 500 rounds through it. If you can wait until the slide won't go into battery until you clean it, that would be best. Les Baer told me this, when I called his factory to ask some questions.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT do a detailed cleaning until you get at least 500 rounds through it. If you can wait until the slide won't go into battery until you clean it, that would be best. Les Baer told me this, when I called his factory to ask some questions.
All right; that makes sense. I did take it apart and lubed the frame and slide rails, just in case that was the problem. So far, I have had no problems with field-stripping it. It will likely be a while before I carry it, if I ever do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom