Colt M4 (CR6920) at Palmetto: $899

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn’t really sound all that good of pricing to me. Sounds pretty standard, like an all day, everyday price.

ETA: actually, another outfitter has it for $100 less than $899.
Since CZ took over they have been going for $1300-$1500.
That's a great deal on a Colt 6920....I have several and they cost me $1225.00 and up.....too bad my safes are full or I'd add a couple more. The 6920's I have are the "LE" model but I've looked at the "CR" model and can't tell any difference.
There is no difference between the two. Last I read was that Colt designation were going to CR for "Civilian Rifle" across the board. That was a couple of years ago though. 2019-ish

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn’t really sound all that good of pricing to me. Sounds pretty standard, like an all day, everyday price.

ETA: actually, another outfitter has it for $100 less than $899.
Well, you could use this site/app called gun.deals and they will show you the way, good sir. @OK Corgi Rancher

I checked them out...the regular 6920/M4 is $899.99 which is the lowest I found except for one used M4 for $839.99. The 6920 OEM is $789.98- which would be a deal for everyone who has all the leftover stocks and handguards from past AR surgeries.

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait...so a product with outdated features and outsourced parts...that is fresh off a recall and a change of ownership is now approaching a less inflated price???

I see this as a good thing.

Probably not a bad $800 rifle, but it isn't what it used to be.

Chris Bartocci does a great breakdown of what you're getting with a CR6920 these days:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait...so a product with outdated features and outsourced parts...that is fresh off a recall and a change of ownership is now approaching a less inflated price???

I see this as a good thing.

Probably not a bad $800 rifle, but it isn't what it used to be.

Chris Bartocci does a great breakdown of what you're getting with a CR6920 these days:

Good info.............

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't realize it but my 'newest' Colt is from 2012. It's marked M4 Carbine with an LE serial number. Has all the proper .gov markings. I have an AR6520 (Lightweight Gov't Carbine) from the early 2000s, an A2 Gov't Model (a 'Green Label' gun) from 87 (I think) and an SP1 from 76.

I don't normally get attached to too many guns...but I do like my Colts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom