Colt Officers 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20180903_113458.jpg
Picked this up in a trade after doing some research but was curious what value those of you out there that are in the know would put on this. The prices from the various sites seemed to range from $700-$1200 obviously depending on specifics. There's always the responses like, what somebody is willing to pay, etc, but this is the first 1911 I've had so I'm sure there are some connoisseur out there with more knowledge than myself.

Was told by the gentleman trading it that he inherited it and thought it was unfired. After breaking it down it appears the same to me. Is there a definitive way to determine that? The barrel had what looked more like a light coating of grease in it and there was nothing really dirty at all. Seemed more like aged grease than anything else. Manufactured in 1991.

I'm really wanting to go shoot it but might hold off depending how much value difference there is between unfired and slightly used. I don't think I'll make it though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Is that a polished hard chrome frame and standard hard chrome slide? I’m sure the experts will come along to clear it up. I know just enough about them to sound stoopid!

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Is that a polished hard chrome frame and standard hard chrome slide? I’m sure the experts will come along to clear it up. I know just enough about them to sound stoopid!
I believe it's polished stainless. The guy trading thought it might be nickel but it's not.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The difference between fired and unfired to many is more a case of whether there is noticeable marks and wear on the weapon. While there are those that prefer to buy NIB type weapons, I personally do not feel the price difference is substantial. The Series being 70 or 80 is more likely to draw one's attention with regard to this particular weapon. I collect 1911 style weapons and to me and me alone, I would be willing to pay $700-$750... Actual value may be more or less accordingly. @surjimmy or @lasher are far better at values than I. Very nice pick up Sir, it is truly beautiful.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would agree, value to me would be in the 7-750 range. it's a series 80 and in 1981 colt was throwing stuff at the walls just to see what would stick. the XSE versions came into being around that time, lots of bling that i don't look for. it's a good looking pistol, shoot it, enjoy it, but i only do full size frames, only officer's frame i have is a Dan Wesson with commander slide on it and only got it cause it's all steel and in 38 super

they are being offered here for 750 and a member sold one of gunbroker for 850. but i don't buy them to flip, i only get rid of one to get more

Last edited:

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a stainless steel 80 series on Armslist for $850.00......Had it listed on OSA for less money(750.00) and no one wanted it I guess.
View attachment 123560
Yep, looks like the one I have other than the grips, which is nice since it's worth a bit more with the polished stainless. That the was the general price that seemed to come up most in my research.

I also recently sold a few items on Armslist for more than I've offered them here. I know we always joke about how cheap we all are but I think there's just a lot more eyes on them there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom