Colt R6551 pre-ban AR15 sporter target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One sold on GB last month for $1550 with a penny start. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of value. It had a sear block and was in nearly mint condition. No box but some original accessories.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/963814331
There's another that's listed on GB now in the mid $2k price range. Looks like it's been relisted a few times.

Colt started putting sear blocks in their lowers in 89. That's also about the time they started removing the bayo lugs. You have a pretty desirable rifle since it's a pre-AWB receiver. People in some states will pay a premium because those are the only ARs they can buy.

I have a R6550 model in mint condition and I can't believe how much they sell for...when you can find one.
This is just like mine except I do not have the sear block. Thank you!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm your guy! 🙃

Someone will want that for the better part of $2k I'd bet. You might have to list it on GB, though, to get that kind of money. Good luck.
I figured I would have to to be honest. I figured I could take it to the Tulsa gun show and mess around
Does it have a c7 upper?
not sure what that is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom