Coming Soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
53, born & raised in California. I just retired from 14 years as a prison guard aka correctional officer. Prior to that I was self employed for 12 years. A self identified gun nut. Life time member of NRA and Gun Owners of America. After many years of hiding in Cali, I still find myself a bit guarded about voicing my conservative opinions. California is a cesspool of crime, homeless and liberal green haired idiots. No exaggeration. The last couple of years Californastan has been hard mentally. I have lost my composure a few times and knew it was time to retire and take the family elsewhere. A little research, some visits and Oklahoma seemed a good fit. I discovered Ardmore had a well regarded school district. I did not want to be in a big city like OKC or even the outskirts. I bought a small place just outside the city limits of Ardmore and we will complete the move after the current school year which ends this month. I can safely say that I am more conservative than most Oklahomans. I am sadly, helping to drive up the real estate prices but we will also be doing our part to drive the local economy.
SLO CMC?

We live in the Pismo area and looking for the door ourselves....

My brother and I are slowly shifting the family farm assets from Nebraska to Oklahoma in anticipation of both of us retiring to OK.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
53, born & raised in California. I just retired from 14 years as a prison guard aka correctional officer. Prior to that I was self employed for 12 years. A self identified gun nut. Life time member of NRA and Gun Owners of America. After many years of hiding in Cali, I still find myself a bit guarded about voicing my conservative opinions. California is a cesspool of crime, homeless and liberal green haired idiots. No exaggeration. The last couple of years Californastan has been hard mentally. I have lost my composure a few times and knew it was time to retire and take the family elsewhere. A little research, some visits and Oklahoma seemed a good fit. I discovered Ardmore had a well regarded school district. I did not want to be in a big city like OKC or even the outskirts. I bought a small place just outside the city limits of Ardmore and we will complete the move after the current school year which ends this month. I can safely say that I am more conservative than most Oklahomans. I am sadly, helping to drive up the real estate prices but we will also be doing our part to drive the local economy.
Welcome. This is the kind of intro I like to see from folks relocating here..

GutsonBorglum

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
SLO CMC?

We live in the Pismo area and looking for the door ourselves....

My brother and I are slowly shifting the family farm assets from Nebraska to Oklahoma in anticipation of both of us retiring to OK.

Mostly DVI and the last couple at CHCF. I lived in the central valley, 1.5 hours east of San Fran, most of my life. It used to be the conservative part of California but that is almost non existent in California now. Pride flags, grade school kids that say they are lesbian (10 years old), the only presidential picture in class is Obama, diversity, diversity, trans kids in high school... We had at least one trans OFFICER in the dept. Trans women (Men) are allowed to go to a woman's prison, called their preferred pronoun if you use a pronoun (I just used their name), state paid tablets given to inmates. Inmates received the stimulus checks by the way. District Attorneys that refuse to prosecute. Police will not respond to many calls. It is insanity. Everything is seen through the prism of race. My wife, who is filipina, got upset at a coworker yesterday who was complaining about white people. This coworker that was complaining is half white and said he was ashamed of it. Nuts...

Latest posts

Top Bottom