Commenting in the Classifieds.........again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't realize that, let me check. Someone that's not a mod with a classified ad will need to try it most likely and see if it's possible.
IIRC, it used to be possible for posters in the classifieds to edit or delete posts in their ad threads, but the admins couldn’t limit that to the classifieds sections and some posters were doing it in other threads. I know one of the mods specifically called out a now ex-user for doing that.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why can’t we lock our own classified threads from people commenting but Moderators are allowed to lock their own classified ads?
There used to be a "turn off comments" button you could push before you push the list button.
Just looked and that option has been removed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC, it used to be possible for posters in the classifieds to edit or delete posts in their ad threads, but the admins couldn’t limit that to the classifieds sections and some posters were doing it in other threads. I know one of the mods specifically called out a now ex-user for doing that.
I know it used to be like that for sure. There were certain users and one mod that every time I would debate with, I would screen shot their posts. Even when you replied to the mods post, and it quoted their post in yours, the mod could still edit his original post plus go into my post and change his quote lol. Sneaky, but I busted him a couple times doing that by showing the screenshot of the original.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that comments would be welcome because it bumps the thread. Some people don't understand this concept and get all bent. So, is it better to be bumped or bent?

Latest posts

Top Bottom