Commercials!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I had commercial/network television was back in 1998. That was the last time I had seen commercials.

I recently subscribed to a service to watch season 4 of "Yellowstone." I had been binge watching the first 3 seasons commercial free on a service called "Peacock."

Last night I watched the first few episodes of season 4 on a service called "Philo." But I declare, I think I watched as many commercials as I did program.

Is it always that bad, or does their software target me?

The service that enables me to watch season 4 is free for a week, but I think I'll just wait for it to go non commercial and in its entirety. Not worth it, IMO.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, you went there ! I just spent a little time in a hospital bed after having my appendix removed and I saw what commercials have become. The message I derived is disgusting in my eyes. Gobs and gobs of them did nothing but raise my blood pressure.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have OTA broadcast TV, and are lucky if we get 20 minutes of actual program time per half hour.

And yes, many of the ads are dumber than a stump. Sometimes I can't even figure out what they're selling until the last few seconds.
:drunk2:
___

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah like I'm going to buy retirement medical insurance recommended by a 2nd rate feetsball player who bragged about wearing panty hose in games played during cold weather..........

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You must be watching different channels than I am. All I see are ads with celebrities hawking Medicare Advantage plans.
Yeah... they've pretty much taken over during the medicare enrollment period.

I'll be 65 next year, and have been flooded with SPAM phone calls selling medicare plans. Along with those letting me know our car's warranty has expired, of course... :D
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom