Commuting to the act of blasphemy on a lever action.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StitchJones

Ayatollah of Rock-and-Roll-a
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Marlin .357 just to have fun around deer camp and out on the farm. But then I found myself being too careful with it not to scratch etc. So I bought a new Mlok hand guard, side quivers, etc. Now I don't scratch it on purpose but don't mind it not being a safe queen. I like the looks of 1/2 modern 1/2 western

s53GAUM.jpg

BXJqqRm.jpg
Man, that is a cool rig!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Marlin .357 just to have fun around deer camp and out on the farm. But then I found myself being too careful with it not to scratch etc. So I bought a new Mlok hand guard, side quivers, etc. Now I don't scratch it on purpose but don't mind it not being a safe queen. I like the looks of 1/2 modern 1/2 western

s53GAUM.jpg

BXJqqRm.jpg
It needs a threaded barrel. I’ve looked at that fore end, I’d need the butt stock to match. I was potty trained at gunpoint.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve kinda been slacking on contributing to this.

well, here’s an update. The abomination is done.
I like it. It’s gonna be a hoot to shoot I feel, and should be pretty handy.

In its stock form, as I bought it from @sleepyj. He did the wrap and slicked up the action a bit 6DDF3179-5E77-4790-B320-2496C934AEAB.jpeg

The carnage:

EBB023A0-B131-47BC-A76D-4D84BD800744.jpegC75AFE42-9B1D-4678-9352-14FF83E97A37.jpeg

what’s changed:

XS sights scout rail with ghost sights
Ranger point precision medium loop lever
Ranger point precision trigger
Ranger point precision mag follower
Ranger point precision loading gate
Ranger point precision foreend
Good ol cabelas buttstock pouch/cheek riser.
Full disassemble/clean/degrease with a little bit of polishing.

I couldnt find an aftermarket synthetic/lightweight stock for it, nor could I find another wood stock to abuse, so we’re keeping the original stock in its unaltered for on it now.

it gets worse:

128DA2E8-62F3-4DAE-8F01-7EA014E225B7.jpeg

I may or may not use the red dot. I would like to get that sweet LER 2x Leupold, but I wanna see how my recent left eye dominant right handed flip flop handles the ghost ring. I would like this rifle to be either iron sights or a super mild LER scope, I have an aversion to batteries on my rifles.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, is anyone familiar with swapping out adjustable ghost ring apetures? I can’t get this one out and don’t wanna break it swapping to the smaller one. AA4B959C-0876-42C6-A072-7F3985B05FC5.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom