Compelled to move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Due to affairs of the heart I am being compelled to move to Oklahoma. It will be tough to leave Montana, but it is part of life for me. I am retired and flexible. Probably the hardest part of the move will be picking my new colors, Red & White or Orange & black. Wife suggests it should be Red & white...humm.

I am already a member of the Oklahoma City Gun club so I have place to shoot.

I have several special interests and will be looking at taking part in them if i can find a place.

In Montana I did a lot of varmint hunting, and I mean a lot, 4000-5000 rounds every spring was normal. I don't know if that kind of shooting is available here. Mostly gophers (ground squirrels and chucks, occasional coyote or badger.

I am very active in the Victorian Rifleman and will attend a gathering near Calgary Alberta, Canada this coming weekend and the big Gathering in Easton, PA in October.

I can do shooting prep fo r this two activities at OKCGC.

The third shooting activity is a bit harder to find a place to shoot. I build and shot model cannons. Most of my cannons are golf ball bore and smaller. I do have a couple larger. The smaller guns should not be a problem at the gun glub. It is the larger guns that are problem. I have a small revolutionary war 2 1/4" field gun and a bowling ball mortar, that I need to find a place to shoot. I am hoping to find like minded individuals and a place to shoot.

www.fototime.com_BEAD72739DAB6A6_xlarge.jpg

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang that looks fun! Back in the day, I ran around with guys who made cannons that shot beer cans full of plaster.

Welcome and Orange and Black all the way!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
That cannon looks like a lot of fun. I dunno what clubs/ranges allow, due to never having been to one. I do all of my shooting in the pasture and woods. Welcome to okieland and OSA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom