Compelled to move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That cannon looks like a lot of fun. I dunno what clubs/ranges allow, due to never having been to one. I do all of my shooting in the pasture and woods. Welcome to okieland and OSA!

Ah there begs the questions, who's pasture and who's wood. I am building a load table for the Bowling ball mortar. I have loads out to 650 yards- 8 oz of Fa powder 650 yard. Next load to be measured, 9 ozs. Extimate for the load is 800 to 1000 yards.

I need a big long flat for impact zone where we can see impact and recover ball and take measurments-dry lake bed old stubble field.. The picture above was taken last Friday with one pound of Fg and 15 lb ball. We could not find the ball, we could see it go beyond the mile marker. We could not find the balls (5 shot) between the Mile marker and the back of the stubble field at 1 3/4 mile. There is some tall grass at 1 3/4 mile to 2 miles and we suspect that is where the balls are. We are going to go look some more this after noon.

If some body comes up with something, You will get to pull the lanyard... Standing 10 feet from a bowling ball pushed by 12 ozs of powder going off will definitely get you a check-off from your bucket list!

445 yards, 6 oz Fa blackpowder.

Definitely make the video full screen and watch down range.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crimson and Cream mascot is "My Little Pony"
6_3380312.jpg

Orange and Black mascot is "Pistol Pete"
content.fathead.com_products_1029_1029_00007.jpg

Shown wearing a gunbelt & holster that I made.

My Little Pony or Pistol Pete,,,
I think the answer to your question is obvious.

Welcome to Okie-Land,,,

Aarond

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crimson and Cream mascot is "My Little Pony"
6_3380312.jpg

Orange and Black mascot is "Pistol Pete"
content.fathead.com_products_1029_1029_00007.jpg

Shown wearing a gunbelt & holster that I made.

My Little Pony or Pistol Pete,,,
I think the answer to your question is obvious.

Welcome to Okie-Land,,,

Aarond

I’d just pick the one with the most Big 12 and National Championships...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah there begs the questions, who's pasture and who's wood. I am building a load table for the Bowling ball mortar. I have loads out to 650 yards- 8 oz of Fa powder 650 yard. Next load to be measured, 9 ozs. Extimate for the load is 800 to 1000 yards.

I need a big long flat for impact zone where we can see impact and recover ball and take measurments-dry lake bed old stubble field.. The picture above was taken last Friday with one pound of Fg and 15 lb ball. We could not find the ball, we could see it go beyond the mile marker. We could not find the balls (5 shot) between the Mile marker and the back of the stubble field at 1 3/4 mile. There is some tall grass at 1 3/4 mile to 2 miles and we suspect that is where the balls are. We are going to go look some more this after noon.

If some body comes up with something, You will get to pull the lanyard... Standing 10 feet from a bowling ball pushed by 12 ozs of powder going off will definitely get you a check-off from your bucket list!

445 yards, 6 oz Fa blackpowder.

Definitely make the video full screen and watch down range.

I can offer one mile of flat ground, but that would be shooting across a county road. That would be very cool.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can we talk? Where in the State are you? West I assume, since you are flat. I am in far north Edmond.

I want to resume building load tables and want find loads out to 1000 yards. I think that is about the limit to visual tracking. Half the fun of shooting this thing is watch the ball in flight.

I will be trailering this mortar down from Montana next week.

www.fototime.com_4DA81E9C01F3AFB_large.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom