Compelled to move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should update this.

Knee surgery went well, but it aggravated the slipped disc in my lower back. Now I waiting for surgery on that. Hey things wear out. If you bought a F-100 in 1947, by now you would probably need new ball joints or a tune up. Well the same thing is going on with my knees and back, 71 years after being born, they are wearing out. Got the tune up - a stent in my heart three years ago.

Dennis, I am going to try and get up and see you in the next week or two. Not going to bring cannons yet. Besides talking to you about a mile shot, I want to talk to you about test firing a blank load. The Load consist of a pound of black powder and 25 lbs of flour. The Flour might leave a white spout on the ground, a large white spot that should go away with wind and rain.

I have been talking to model rocketry guys about telemetry, mostly to locate the ball afterwards. They have came up with neat ideas for me on mounting a locator beacon and a camera.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This project definitely on pause. Back surgery went well. But I learned healing takes a year. I am weight restricted to no more that 15 lbs, with no bending, stooping,or twisting. My wife has had to take up the slack and does everything around here. Well almost everything, she divides the garbage into two 7 1/2 lb sacks for me. :) She has been awesome. She also shrieks- "Douglas" 3 octaves higher than her regular voice whenever she sees me bending-stooping-twisting-I can hear her with or without my hearing aid. It's driving me crazy-it's driving her crazy. She has threatened me, if I mess up this surgery and have to have it redone she is going to send me to my kids for the year recovery. That is scary.

In the meantime everything sits. I think I will hire the Grandson to load all the carriage wood in the truck and we will carry it over to the storage locker. That will remove a temptation and get it out of the way until I am ready for it..

Has anyone heard of something called "Man Day" where they fire bowling ball mortars? If I can't shoot, I can at least go watch.

I am also looking for someone to repair my lathe. Any one know someone in the Edmond area who repairs Machinery?

I did manage to shoot this spring, blanks only from one cannon and two thunder mugs.

I am learning Oklahoma.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Man Day has been either moved or postponed. According to @}BuLL. The land was sold on OK but the event may be moved to Kansas. When did you fire those off? I heard a boom the other day and went outside to see if I could spot a smoke plume!

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That video is from this years Ring in the Spring the sunday before the 1st day of spring. Worked pretty good up in Montana moved the winter snow and brought on the spring rains. Worked too good in Oklahoma, spring rains are washing every everything away here.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Man Day has been either moved or postponed. According to @}BuLL. The land was sold on OK but the event may be moved to Kansas. When did you fire those off? I heard a boom the other day and went outside to see if I could spot a smoke plume!
Yes, Man Day will be in Kansas next year.
Cannon.jpg

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved down from Montana, I am used to not considering something occuring in the next state. To get to another state from where I lived in Montana was 300 miles.

Okie4570 sent me a message about the Man day event in Plevna, KS, May 2, 2020, about 200 miles north of here. That might be doable.
i might be healthy by then.

ragsflh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This project definitely on pause. Back surgery went well. But I learned healing takes a year. I am weight restricted to no more that 15 lbs, with no bending, stooping,or twisting. My wife has had to take up the slack and does everything around here. Well almost everything, she divides the garbage into two 7 1/2 lb sacks for me. :) She has been awesome. She also shrieks- "Douglas" 3 octaves higher than her regular voice whenever she sees me bending-stooping-twisting-I can hear her with or without my hearing aid. It's driving me crazy-it's driving her crazy. She has threatened me, if I mess up this surgery and have to have it redone she is going to send me to my kids for the year recovery. That is scary.

In the meantime everything sits. I think I will hire the Grandson to load all the carriage wood in the truck and we will carry it over to the storage locker. That will remove a temptation and get it out of the way until I am ready for it..

Has anyone heard of something called "Man Day" where they fire bowling ball mortars? If I can't shoot, I can at least go watch.

I am also looking for someone to repair my lathe. Any one know someone in the Edmond area who repairs Machinery?

I did manage to shoot this spring, blanks only from one cannon and two thunder mugs.

what wrong with lathe?brand/size?

I am learning Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom