Complacency is not good...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, I've made my mistakes so not here to judge for sure, but be careful out there and don't get complacent with your hobbies! Got this from my old work buddy, 22 mag thru the foot from a revolver that didn't get checked properly. He has DECADES of gun handling under his belt, and it still happened! FWIW, he did say his Keen work shoe stopped the bullet, and no bone contact so hopefully a quick heal up. Just watch yourselves (and each other)...

21666.jpg

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good advice. We can all get complacent. Check and double check, then check again, especially as we get older. I remember the story of Jeff Cooper aiming an "unloaded" 1911 at his gas meter. Pulled the trigger, heard a loud "bang!", and shot his gas meter. When asked why he'd shot his gas meter, Cooper replied, "Because that's what I was aiming at!".

Last edited:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He will be alright @clintbailey he is to dang ornery. This morning he said surprisingly it wasn't hurting at all. Don't know if was on pain meds or not but that was a plus.
Oh I know, forgot there was one or two on here that would know who he was LOL. We're supposed to meet at Butch's the next weekend or two and do some shooting, guess we'll see how he's doing!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang! I saw a couple of accidents at the range when I worked there. And many of you know I lost a classmate to a negligent discharge. I do not **** around and I don't tolerate any ****ing around. It's all fun and games until somebody dies.

Glad he's looking at a quick recovery!

Latest posts

Top Bottom