Complacency is not good...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked three nights a week after work and all day Saturday for a gunsmith in Noble for a couple of years till he passed away and one night he was working on a little .25 auto handgun trying to figure out why that it would not feed and eject shells as it should and he didn't have any dummy rounds so he was using live ammo.

I was in the back of the shop about 20' away sandblasting guns to get them ready for the bluing tanks and I hear the gun go off turned and Roger is standing there with a sort of "oh s*it !" look on his face with blood pouring out of his hand.

He had been holding the little gun in his right hand and was racking the slide with his left and at the same time the meaty part of his left hand / palm below the little finger had slipped over the muzzle of the gun, his finger was on the trigger and about that time the front door to the shop opened, he lost concentration for a split second and shot himself in the hand......I hurriedly grabbed two or three clean shop rags and duct taped them tightly to his hand and had the customer that had just came in take him to the hospital.

The customer brought him back form the ER a couple of hours or so later just as I was getting ready to lock up, the bullet had went in and out through the flesh and no bones or anything were hit......like the fella above he also got lucky.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the story this morning: he had fired 6 rounds from his LCRx and was going to keep the fired cases for "snap caps". Rolled the cylinder and checked them for indentions, but missed one apparently. It does indeed go back to not aiming at anything you don't wish to shoot!
Ow, that’s a bad coincidence. Makes perfect sense his thought process

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister shot herself in the palm of the hand several years ago after going through “training “ to get her concealed carry with a sub compact pistol in .380.
When she called for an ambulance, LEO got there first.
She said it hurt like hell but the LEO questioned her at home and later at the hospital saying it was a defensive wound and wanted a name. Wouldn’t give it up until the Dr’s ran him off.
According to her story, the pistol was on the table so she picked it up to put in her purse, losing her grip on it.
She said she made a couple fumbling grabs at it before catching it in both hands, with her finger getting on the trigger resulting in the pistol firing. No bones hit but the HP did leave a bigger exit wound vs entry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom