Compressor reed valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I would run this by the ever so clever group of OSA'ers and see if anyone has an idea to fix my problem.
Today my 33 gal Coleman compressor was making noise but no air. Pulled the valve cover off the compressor portion and found what I believe to be a broken reed valve. When I pulled the valve air is coming out of the holes so all appears good below. However, when I started looking for a replacement part it looks like you have to buy the whole valve plate at a whopping $128. Pics are below, some have made the part out of spring steel. I suppose with tin snips. Anyway the part I am getting back is 043-0151. Any ideas??

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_IMG_1283.jpg

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_IMG_1284.jpg

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_COLEMAN_AC_VALVE_PLATE_043_0151.jpg

Last edited:

woodgeek

New to the site!
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but information has no expiration date.

I was looking for compressor reed valves and saw your thread. Look for reed valves for your Coleman on eBay. I saw them on eBay for $28 bucks.

i.ebayimg.com_images_g_12AAAOSwd4tULwB6_s_l400.jpg

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$28 bucks NAH in 2014 I made the one for my Superflow out of .004" Feeler gauge stock at a whopping $2.17 and it is still going strong

MRPell

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've got the same exact problem...Could you tell me where you bought the .004" feeler gauge stock and give me a rough idea of how you trimmed it?

MRPell

New to the site!
Reaction score
Yeah, I suppose that's not bad...definitely beats $130 for a new valve plate. Thanks for the quick answer. I tried to google it for a little while and couldn't find any ideas for local suppliers. All the online retailers wanted around $30 for .004 stock, but all came with much more than I would need. If all else fails, that amazon reed valve will work great

Latest posts

Top Bottom