Computer Parts Have Come Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Computer parts, mainly graphics cards, have come down in price considerably over the last month. If anyone was waiting to upgrade or build, now is the time. They have stopped making new chips of current models to make the new ones coming this fall, so the window of cheap cards won't be all that long as stock goes down. I picked up a RX 6800 XT for $699, when they have been $1200 for the last two years.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Computer parts, mainly graphics cards, have come down in price considerably over the last month. If anyone was waiting to upgrade or build, now is the time. They have stopped making new chips of current models to make the new ones coming this fall, so the window of cheap cards won't be all that long as stock goes down. I picked up a RX 6800 XT for $699, when they have been $1200 for the last two years.
Any of that due to crypto prices/mining?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell me why I have a laptop that does have WiFi but no RJ45 jack? No CD/DVD drive? Nothing but USB ports? They aren't even offered.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me why I have a laptop that does have WiFi but no RJ45 jack? No CD/DVD drive? Nothing but USB ports? They aren't even offered.
Few people use optical drives any more, but they are still available, as a USB add on. That's what I did for the Bluray stuff I still play with. As far as RJ45, the ports are larger than they like to make the laptops thick, so they leave them off.

Edit: They make a fold out port I have seen on some laptops in the past, but they break if you look at them wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom