Computer Parts Have Come Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few people use optical drives any more, but they are still available, as a USB add on. That's what I did for the Bluray stuff I still play with. As far as RJ45, the ports are larger than they like to make the laptops thick, so they leave them off.

This is why I stick with towers for my serious gaming and video editing. More room for all the good stuff.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6DDR6 RDNA2 RJ45 RX6800XT and just a card that is not the entire computer ready to go
$699 That is my WOW! as I have no idea what all that is and amazed all the time on what people spend on playing a video game.

Pocket full of quarters, when I began paying for my own gas and food that pocket full of quarters went other places.

No offense to those that love to play a video game.
They are addicting and probably gets you out of reality and calms you.

The 7AL-2 Plus has not came down in price.
Not that I need one of those either.
:)

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6DDR6 RDNA2 RJ45 RX6800XT and just a card that is not the entire computer ready to go
$699 That is my WOW! as I have no idea what all that is and amazed all the time on what people spend on playing a video game.

Pocket full of quarters, when I began paying for my own gas and food that pocket full of quarters went other places.

No offense to those that love to play a video game.
They are addicting and probably gets you out of reality and calms you.

The 7AL-2 Plus has not came down in price.
Not that I need one of those either.
:)
Funny part is, I don't game all that much. They do other things than game and I needed the higher end one since I have a 4K monitor. Takes a lot more umph to run one properly. I do plan on finding some games I might like to try it out though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GPUs on those cards are useful for more than just gaming. We use some high-end graphics cards for processing data that we collect.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell me why I have a laptop that does have WiFi but no RJ45 jack? No CD/DVD drive? Nothing but USB ports? They aren't even offered.
Depends on what you buy. Some of the better ones have docking stations that give you all kinds of ports and options.

Mine serves desktop like duty at the house. It will support 3 monitors each running at 4K. But they are a serious investment when you get to higher end performance support.

Here is mine at home running on a 49” curved monitor support two 4K inputs from my dock on the same display.

60B56AFE-C063-4FA3-9539-E1C1F3AA5919.jpeg

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unintended Consequences.

In order to get that graphics card to fit, I had to take out my remaining hard drive cages and just leave the drives hanging. Not something I wanted to have long term, so I ordered a new case that would let me fit everything except for one problem, I ordered the compact version instead of the full size, because I wasn't paying attention. Realizing this when I was looking at my shipment invoice a day later, I came to the further conclusion I was going to have to just deal with it as returning a computer case is expensive. So I ordered another M.2 drive which came in same day as the case. Problem solved, but it took another $400 on top of what I spent on the graphics card. Like I said, unintended consequences.

Case

Drive

Latest posts

Top Bottom