Computer SUBwoofers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just built myself an absolute monster gaming PC and I can't make myself play any games on it. lol I tried Cyberpunk 2077 and while it looks incredible and the graphics are fabulous, I just didn't like the game, really. Felt very contrived and linear. Admittedly I didn't play it very long, I think you can go explore and do alot of other things, but I just didn't get into it. And the language was so bad it turned me off, too.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just built myself an absolute monster gaming PC and I can't make myself play any games on it. lol I tried Cyberpunk 2077 and while it looks incredible and the graphics are fabulous, I just didn't like the game, really. Felt very contrived and linear. Admittedly I didn't play it very long, I think you can go explore and do alot of other things, but I just didn't get into it. And the language was so bad it turned me off, too.
Have you tried Call of Duty Cold War? It to has some language but I have always been a fan of the franchise. I played through it on Xbox while on COVID lock down. Not sure of any other games that are recent.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Logitech system I've had for years that has held up well and has SERIOUS oomph.

https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Z...aker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2?sa-no-redirect=1

This is actually it, it's not available anymore, but I wouldn't hesitate to look into their newer stuff. It may not be as good as the "oldschool", I dunno, but it could be just as good or better. It's a starting point, anyways.

I've had this system for at least 15 years now and it still kicks ass.

I've got the previous version, and they do produce a surprising amount of low end.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried Call of Duty Cold War? It to has some language but I have always been a fan of the franchise. I played through it on Xbox while on COVID lock down. Not sure of any other games that are recent.

No I haven't. I should probably try some of those, I never even got into them on my Xbox. I've played Destiny for years but have pretty well tired of not being able to do anything solo, as you have to have friends who play to be able to raid to do anything meaningful on that game. I also spent a lot of time on Red Dead Redemption 1&2. Haven't been able to bring myself to get into much else.

And honestly this new gaming computer is in my 'office' and while I have big 50" display, it's not the best setup for gaming. I could lower the screen a bit and get a better chair, but this also doubles as my reloading room, so I don't want to change the desk too much to make it computer-comfortable.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And honestly this new gaming computer is in my 'office' and while I have big 50" display, it's not the best setup for gaming. I could lower the screen a bit and get a better chair, but this also doubles as my reloading room, so I don't want to change the desk too much to make it computer-comfortable.
Lol, the horrible problems some of us have... :D
:drunk2:

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I haven't. I should probably try some of those, I never even got into them on my Xbox. I've played Destiny for years but have pretty well tired of not being able to do anything solo, as you have to have friends who play to be able to raid to do anything meaningful on that game. I also spent a lot of time on Red Dead Redemption 1&2. Haven't been able to bring myself to get into much else.

Yeah I forgot about Red Dead 2, that is a great game as well. Take a look at Far Cry 5, not a fan of the storyline but it is a fun game. Far Cry 6 is coming out soon as well.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting back on track...

Samsung tech support confirmed that I cannot pair any other subwoofer with the Bluetooth sound bar I already have. It can only be with the specific sub that came with the combo. So if I want the ease of installation and the compact footprint of what I now have, I’ll have to find a bar / sub combo with a bigger sub.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I literally tossed an old Klipsch 2.1 setup with a huge sub last weekend in the trash. I was using it in my garage for years after I quit gaming and my daughter didn't want her boombox anymore so I moved that to the garage and ditched that setup since I had to use a bluetooh receiver with it. I figured no one would want that monstrosity. It would rattle the whole garage and most of the house.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Sound Blaster external USB-powered sound card and a 5.1 surround setup from Logitech.

Works great for my purposes. Great sound and the base is definitely noticeable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom