Conceal 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IWB has not been comfortable to me for many years. Maybe if I can keep losing that will change, but the one time I really needed a gun. IWB would have been a problem. Pancake barely worked.
I carry IWB, because outside the waist band holsters drag my pants down. I can tighten my belt up, but that’s more uncomfortable than just carrying IWB.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a commander OWB leather 1791 that the strap allows cocked and locked. Comfort has not been an issue at 3 O'clock. The $60 EDC Kore belt makes it even better.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK I got enough guys buying stuff to order the DeSantis while it was still on sale and a 10rd MecGar mag. So I am set once everything arrives. Thanks guys. Now I will not feel naked when I go out, or feel like I can not trust my weapon.

DeSantis.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK I just spent a few minutes researching used stag horn grips and have decided that when the time comes, fake stag horn looks pretty good. Holy crap! The real ones have gone up in price! Last time I bought a pair was about 35 years ago. I bought them for $20. I expected maybe $50, not $130 up.
At least they didn’t go up as much as CMP 1911s from a little before that time.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least they didn’t go up as much as CMP 1911s from a little before that time.

Yea I saw used real stag horn for $130 to $600! I love the look and feel of real stag grips but there is no way I will ever pay that much for grips. I could win one of those billion dollar lottos and my cheap a$$ still would not spend that much on grips.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to you guys soon I no longer feel naked when out and about. I ordered some belt loops for my pistol belt and as soon as they come in I am all set. Decided to stay with the factory grips since I spent the money I raised for this project and some I am waiting for. Looks good and feels comfortable. I made need a louder shirt or two to help break up any printing or just may wear a loud T under it so people focus on reading the T.

1911.jpg

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
milt sparks VM2 for in the waistband but my favorite is the Milt Sparks 55BN under the shirt tail. i also use a milt sparks belt but am in the process of trying another brand that should be stiffer. we shall see