Conceal Carry in bars and taverns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should conceal carry be allowed in bars and taverns?

• Yes

Votes: 125 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 43.2%

• Total voters

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
s i have a question. Can a CCW licensed person go to a bar without their piece, and leave it in the car that is parked in the parking lot? The reason i ask this is because i have a CCW and bring my piece to work, sometimes all my co-workers go to the bar after work, so I go but have to leave my piece in the car.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest problem with carrying in a bar is two drunks getting into a shootout, and shooting everyone in the bar but themselves.

Personal responsibility is fine and good, but that doesn't help a dead victim too much to know they're going to be punished.

Reminds me of the movie where Kevin Costner plays Wyatt Earp. When young, he was near a bar when two drunks run into the streets and start shooting at each other. After several shots each, at about 5 feet apart, they're both laying in the street dying, but so are bystanders and horses that weren't even close.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest problem with carrying in a bar is two drunks getting into a shootout, and shooting everyone in the bar but themselves.

Personal responsibility is fine and good, but that doesn't help a dead victim too much to know they're going to be punished.

Reminds me of the movie where Kevin Costner plays Wyatt Earp. When young, he was near a bar when two drunks run into the streets and start shooting at each other. After several shots each, at about 5 feet apart, they're both laying in the street dying, but so are bystanders and horses that weren't even close.

How does a law preventing responsible ccw holders prevent this from happening? It doesn't, but it does prevent them from defending themselves in the event they become the target.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A responsible person would never put themselves in an area of high risk willingly unless they are asking for trouble....Again...guns and alcohol do not mix at all. I am surprised as hell that there is even an argument about this....

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My drining days are past. Boy I did some STUPID stuff under the influence. I'm ccw and a whole heck of a lot smarter now sober. Guns & alcohol just don't mix. If you carry,don't drink; If you drink don't carry. Use you head.

veteran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree you should be allowed to carry into a bar, but not drink!

Even if you leave it in your car, your still going to be CCW when the LEO pulls you over and I would hate to be in a position of telling a LEO that I'm CCW when I have alcohol on my breath.

Or worse, you stop by the local quickie mart and are confronted with a forcible felony in progress and then you would be talking to the LEO with a person on the ground...

Bottom line, if you're going drink.. Leave it at home, or do what I do.. Just don't leave the house if your gonna drink :)

Faultline

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my perspective, I think carry in bars should be absolutely legal.
I play in a band, sometimes in bars that make you feel like you need to visit the clinic and get tested just from touching the doorknobs etc.
It would be awesome to be able to fend off some thugs intent on jacking the gear I fought and scratched to afford. I certainly do not plan on making it easy for someone to rob me, but against multiple mouth breathing air wasters, a force multiplier would be welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom